Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

Navy blue is the most versatile you can buy IMO. Maybe a mid blue if you attention starved ;)

If you want to be different, purple maybe?

2. XKxRome0ox

XKxRome0ox Senior member

looks similar to a cartier ronde louis cartier... but doesn't seem to be that exact watch

Last edited: Oct 18, 2011

3. dasai

dasai Senior member

4. Scotty

Scotty Senior member

Any answers?

Also, I'm thinking about this Herring shoes from their Graduate Line as a nice winter shoe to wear with grey flannel or worsted wool slacks, khakis, etc. What do you think ? Is that waxed leather in fact corrected leather?

http://www.herringshoes.co.uk/produ...&shoeid=3796&selectedSizeid=0&selectedFitid=0

Thanks.

5. XKxRome0ox

XKxRome0ox Senior member

looks good but way too short... is it just the model or are the jackets made short (to be trendy?)
    check the coat length if available
    i don't think the lapels are overly skinny

6. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I like the idea of purple, however my date is wearing a plum dress. Is it a taboo to match your date?

7. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

I am not an expert, but some may consider it a little "corny" if you will. I don't mind matching my wife at formal events, and we seems to like similar colours. (blues mostly)

Ask your date what she thinks too. Don't you care more about her opinion then a bunch of random guys on the internet anyway? ;)

8. porcelain monkey

porcelain monkey Senior member

If you are not opposed to getting something new, there are plenty of coats that can pull double duty. Depending on how cold it gets where you are , a toggle coat might like a good choice, or a barn jacket or Barbour-type coat. It just needs to cover your suit coat (i.e. over you ass). You could also wear a down vest over your suit - probably not approved in this forum, but that seems to be in fashion nowadays.

9. Scotty

Scotty Senior member

Thanks. I think it covered my rear when I tried it at the shop but I'll check again and make a decission.
    Any info on the "waxed leather" on those Herring shoes.

10. wabisabi

wabisabi New Member

im on a budget and am looking at the following watches... which do you guys like? any? and why?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. shadowmoses

shadowmoses Active Member

Hey guys, new user here - long time reader - but had a quick question (made my own thread, didn't see this earlier)

But anyhow, I just picked up two pairs of bucks:
    http://www.zara.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product/us/en/zara-us-W2011/130507/467086/WASHED+SHOE
    and
    http://shop.lacoste.com/Lacoste-Mens-Sherbrooke/dp/B0051V1WVY

I'm wondering what are some good things to wear them with (i.e. types of jeans, khakis/chinos, what color shirt/blazer) - I really struggle with some of these things! I'm not sure the blue ones are worth keeping...

Thanks!

12. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

Hi everybody,

How would you recommend I accessorize this suit (shirt and tie - colours and patterns)? It's a flannel wool.

Thanks![​IMG]

13. CruzAzul

CruzAzul Senior member

For starters, use fewer accessories than that guy... sheesh...

I'd go with a pale blue shirt, interesting pocket square, no tie or lapel pin.

14. acecow

acecow Senior member

I'd wear a solid shirt. If you want a more "fun" shirt, then a shirt with either a much smaller or much larger pattern.
    With a solid shirt you can go for any tie as long as its pattern is sufficiently different in scale from the suit's.
    The tie has to be at least 3" wide, preferably 3.5". Look at those lapels! Also, a knit tie or a paisley would look marvelous.
    Stay with a simple white linen pocket square for now. Since you've asked this question, you're likely not ready to add another color and pattern to this already loud outfit.
    No lapel flowers, tie clips or tie bars, please.

15. RicPac

RicPac Senior member

hello everybody dont know where to post this but i am going to a baby shower on saturday, nothing big just a spanish shower, gifts and cake early on and dancing all night. what should i wear? im thinking og wearing a sports jacket but im not sure