Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Aaron

Aaron Senior member

Anyone ordered from Jantzen online lately? I placed an order via email earlier on this week and haven't heard anything.

I've visited the shop several times over the years and had multiple orders with them. Usually I've heard from them by now. Thanks for any help.

2. rioni

rioni Senior member

Estimate the wear on these soles 0-100%

[​IMG]

3. rioni

rioni Senior member

I would not wear a pinstripe jacket with anything but the matching pants.

4. RicPac

RicPac Senior member

for anybody who saw the last episode of entourage, at the very end ari has sort of like a cream colored tweed looking jacket. anybody know where i can find one like that? i absolutely must have it

5. easy_golfing

easy_golfing Senior member

do shoes stretch out after a few wears/ using shoe trees? The toe box on my clifton's are a bit snug

6. RicPac

RicPac Senior member

looking to buy a suit, wanna go the tailor/designer route instead of OTR. What are aome good mid range price brands?700 or lower

7. patrickstyle

patrickstyle New Member

I'm looking to buy a suit for mainly weddings/funerals as my current one fits horribly I've now found out after some research. I'm wondering what my luck or options would be at a mens warehouse type store with my size (which I'm not sure of). I'm about 5'11" 195 athletic build and I'd guess chest would be in the 40-42 range? Would I have a lot of options finding something off the rack or any suggestions of what to look for or feel, in the fit? Also wondering what type of quality I would want to get since this will probably only be worn 3-4 times a year. So it doesn't need to be an everyday suit in terms of durability, but I don't want it to look extremely cheap obviously.

I'm hoping to find something decent in the $300-500 range and then bring it to a tailor friend of mine to fit it better. I don't want a $1500 suit, (actually I do, I just can't afford to pay for one) but just something that looks nice and fits extremely well. Any advice for a fashion-impaired guy?

8. stu00a

stu00a Senior member

Anyone been to RL outlet in Woodbury Commons? not PRL outlet where they sell ponys.

Any suit selections?

9. Lazytiki

Lazytiki Well-Known Member

Can someone explain to me flat front pants and pleated pants. Is one more fashion and the other traditional? Younger/Older etc.

Thanks

10. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

I'm looking for quality Italian bit loafers that are offered in wide sizes, any suggestions? I am also looking for good suede chukka boots in wide sizes, something with a slender cut. Anything in the $400 - $500 price range for each, thanks.

11. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Senior member

Pleated are considered at the moment, by the general public, as less fashionable and for older people. But this doesn't mean they can't be worn, you just have to be careful with the cut and make sure they fit well.

12. Mike147

Mike147 Senior member

Does anyone know of any Austrian or Hungarian Be-Spoke Shoemakers that travel to the US to measure clients? Thanks...

13. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

Pm member fritzl.

14. Mike147

Mike147 Senior member

Just did - Thanks...

15. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

now, i have to kick my fellow countrymen into their ass to get them into travelling. i'm not jesus :D :cheers: