Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. diniro

diniro Senior member

I just received a belt from ebay seller orionleather. Highly recommends them. I've owned both Corter and Tanner. You can get the same quality for half or third of the price from orion.

2. sobecane

sobecane Well-Known Member

Anyone?

3. deem

deem Senior member

Hey everyone, I'm going to my girlfriend's temple for Rosh Hashanah services tomorrow night, and since I am not Jewish and have never been to such services, I am unsure what shoes I should wear. I've read online that a person should be well dressed, but some websites say not too formally. I am going to wear a charcoal suit, a white button down, and a light blue tie. Should I wear black cap toes or burgundy semi-brogue medallion tips? Any input is much appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited: Sep 27, 2011

4. hellodocks

hellodocks Senior member

Cap toes are less ostentatious. Jewish people tend to dress very conservatively. Go with the safe bet.

5. aspasp

aspasp Senior member

Are Charles Tyrwhitt casual shirts short enough to go untucked?

6. Chillax

Chillax Well-Known Member

I've noticed this happens fairly regularly-finding a really nice piece of outerwear with either no label or with a maker you can't track down on the web because they went out of business long ago. I've bought a number of high quality items like this and been really pleased with them. If it's a great piece and thrift store cheap,snatch it up!

7. bwahahahaha

bwahahahaha Senior member

Quick question. I'm usually on the SW&D side of things, but have interviews coming up (financial sector). I have a dark navy blue suit and am currently trying to pick between dark brown park avenues and fifth avenues as an interview shoe. I felt that as I'll likely be picking up some black park avenues in the near future, it would be nice to have the fifth avenues as a dark brown captoe, but was curious as to if you guys felt this was interview appropriate. I know this kind of question has been beaten to death, but opinions would be appreciated.

8. mymil

mymil Senior member

I'm looking for a relatively sleek dressy boot in medium-to-dark brown with a rubber sole (Dainite would be nice, lugs not so nice) for ideally under $500 (I could pay more if it's absolutely perfect...), but I can't for the life of me find one. I'm open to brogueing, wingtips, cap toes, whatever. Suggestions, or is this a lost cause? If the latter, is there something that comes close to what I've described?

9. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

10. Yika

Yika Senior member

I received these shoes today. There are some ripples at the back of the shoes and the back of the shoe is quite soft instead of being hard.  The result of the softness of the heel portion is that though the shoes fits in all area including the ball it is quite loose in at the lip area so it always feels as if its slipping.  Your thoughts ? What could have caused this ? Best regards      

My guess is the previous owner not using a shoe horn when putting them on.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2011

11. aspasp

aspasp Senior member

Has anyone tried CT casual shirts untucked? How are they?

12. XKxRome0ox

XKxRome0ox Senior member

13. bubba04

bubba04 Senior member

I need some feedback on this jacket, if anyone would be willing to help out. It is meant as a very casual jacket to be worn with khakis or jeans. 1. Besides the sleeve length, is there any other glaring fit issues with this jacket? 2. If I do get this jacket, would it be hard to shorten the sleeves, since there's only about 3/4-in from the cuff to the first cuff button? [​IMG] Thanks in advance, guys. ETA: My apologies for the image host I used for this pic -- it seems to have NSFW advertising that I had not noticed when adding the image. This is not a problem if you don't click to enlarge the photo, though....

14. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Senior member

Not as long as the existing button-holes are non-functional.

15. buran

buran Senior member

I also posted this in SW&D but I figured this topic was not exclusive to it.

Any recommendations for a shirtmaker in London that can do casual shirts (style and fabric) for a reasonable price (in the range of cego)?