Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Ethan87

Ethan87 Member

It's from Florsheim.
    (It's being sold in The Netherlands.)

2. jc4jax

jc4jax Well-Known Member

I just bought a used Canali navy double breated suit on Ebay but disappointly all of the sleeve buttons are missing or broken. The seller did not post or mention that they were damaged and missing. I will be replacing the entire set so my question to the forum is what is your opinion on the best button color for a navy double breasted? Brown or blue/navy?

3. EH1899

EH1899 Member

Which of these do you think would be the most classy for everyday carrying? The green definitely stands out and people will notice it, but it has no pin-up girl. The cowgirl wallet looks much more traditional from the outside and people likely wouldn't notice the pin-up on the inside if you didn't want them to see it.

http://www1.bloomingdales.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=553412&PseudoCat=se-xx-xx-xx.esn_results

http://www.pritchards.co.uk/accesso...ories-brown-cowgirl-naked-11822-1486_zoom.jpg

4. KObalto

KObalto Senior member

For a suit, dark blue.

5. grousemoor

grousemoor New Member

Hello everyone!
    This is my first post on SF. I'm going to Berlin for 3 weeeks and I would like to know if anyone knows some cheap or moderate prices shops there. Maybe outlets or something like that. Classic odd jackets, boots and leather accesories like bags are the things I'm looking for the most. The previous threads that I found by search didn't help me much.
    Thank you in advance for your help.

6. flytothesky

flytothesky Well-Known Member

Does anyone know the sizing of Sunspel T-Shirts?

If anyone that has a small T-Shirt from Sunspel can i get the armpit to armpit measurement as well as the length? Thank You!

Any Alternatives for fitted tees as well?

7. flytothesky

flytothesky Well-Known Member

Does anyone know the sizing of Sunspel T-Shirts?

If anyone that has a small T-Shirt from Sunspel can i get the armpit to armpit measurement as well as the length? Thank You!

Any Alternatives for fitted tees as well?

8. cptjeff

cptjeff Senior member

The leather is known as pebble grain. As for age, they're late, but they look like they were made before they went completely downmarket (Guessing 70's). Not their top tier shoe, looks like their mainline. Still a very high quality shoe, but not that rare, which is why you can find old Florsheims as cheap as you can.

Those are going to be a much better shoe then what you can buy from Florsheim today.

Oh, and do yourself a favor and condition the shoe inside and out before you wear them. Insoles need love too, and the heel shot makes me think the inside of the shoe is a little dry.

9. easy_golfing

easy_golfing Senior member

10. ninetentacles

ninetentacles New Member

I managed to find a size 34 (I'm short) jacket in a thrift store - it's navy, thin herringbone (maybe 1/4"?), and unfortunately, polyester. But it fits, well, and as I'm only just starting to expand my wardrobe beyond jeans/t-shirts/company provided work uniform, it fits my budget for something to wear at dinner instead of shirt and tie alone. Is this a sport coat or an orphaned suit jacket? It's two button, but only one button on each sleeve, non-functional. Is this likely because a button or two got lost or broken, and the matching one on the other side was removed rather than replaced, and should I just have all the buttons replaced on it? I've never seen one sleeve button before...it looks rather odd.

11. hellodocks

hellodocks Senior member

I wear an 11.5 or 12 shoe depending on brand. I see that Pantherella socks come in R and L, with R being 7.5-11 and L being 11.5-13.5. Growing up playing sports or just in casual wear, with athletic and casual socks I used to always go with the smaller size since I was right on the limit for either, and I hated how the bigger size seemed so loose. I'm just wondering if anyone has advice whether I should select R or L. I don't typically wear OTC socks but I found a whole stack of Pantherella in such gorgeous patterns I can't pass them up, but the sizing is giving me pause before I pull the trigger. Any help?

12. Chillax

Chillax Well-Known Member

Target also

13. kellgy

kellgy Senior member

I am a 10D and the R fits very well. I would not want them any smaller. The L is probably too large for a 10D but not for a 12. They fit very well and conform to your foot without any tightness. Just get one L or one of each to see which one you like. They go on sale all the time. :)

Last edited: Sep 11, 2011
  14. brohm

brohm New Member

Hey people:)

Would any of you smart people have an idea of what type of jacket this is? I am pretty sure the fabric is not leather.
    Like what is it called, and please do give me a link to a site with a similar jacket if you can.
    Thanks in advance
    [​IMG]

15. XKxRome0ox

XKxRome0ox Senior member

[​IMG]
    what color tie would you wear with the purple contrast collar shirt?