Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. cptjeff

cptjeff Senior member

2. cptjeff

cptjeff Senior member

3. dirtrider123

dirtrider123 Well-Known Member

Anyone?

4. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

I know it isn't liked on here but I need a cheap suit and saw a good deal on a CK Collection one. I thought all of them retailed for over $1000? This one was marked as around $700. Is it a mistake?

5. Atlantic herring

Atlantic herring Senior member

I would say that 700 is too expensive for the quality of the suit you get. It's stil 700 for a suit wich probably has the same construction as a suit from Zara or H&M.

6. Atlantic herring

Atlantic herring Senior member

I bought saphir shoe cream for my G&G's in vintage rioja calf, I't turned out to be for cordovan skin. I'm just worried that the polish won't give my shoes the protection they need if i use it. I tried to return it but they didn't have the color i need. So the question is if the cordovan cream is sufficient or if i should by something else?

7. CruzAzul

CruzAzul Senior member

8. jdvs

jdvs Member

This might be a dumb question, but here goes: will a normal tailor do modifications to outerwear? I got a great deal on a RLPL field jacket. It fits great in the shoulders and the length, but the sleeves are way too long and the body is a bit bulky. I'm tempted to bring it into a tailor, but I'm not sure if there's something special about modifying outerwear (e.g. because its water-resistant) that means your average tailor shouldn't mess with it. Thanks!

9. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

Monk straps are fine for business casual.

But seriously, why is tying laces annoying? Do you have arthritis?

10. kuslamb

kuslamb Senior member

I am wearing a shirt very similar to this - http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/brooks-...shirt/3175599?origin=category&resultback=6498 - Essentially white background with a grid check. The grid lines on my shirt are 1/2 black and 1/2 blue. The black and blue lines go in both directions (as opposed to black horizontal and blue vertical). Shirt is Robert Talbott.

I am wearing a charcoal suit w/ black shoes. It is an evening wedding at a country club, so a little dressier is okay.

Pocket square options are white linen, or various shades of blue with white piping linen, or none of course.

Please recommend a few tie options. I have never worn this shirt with a suit as I typically wear solid white or blue with texture with this suit.

I was thinking diagonal stripes in blue. white, and another color, but not confident on that look.

Any recommendations would be great. Additionally, specific links to previous wearers of a similar look would be even better.

11. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Cyber Eliitist

Depends greatly on the material and construction of the jacket (ie the stitching, seams, etc). It is best to bring the jacket into a tailor and see if he feels comfortable. This also goes without saying, but you should seek out the best tailor you can. I have heard horror stories of tailors claiming they can alter outerwear, only to produce terrible results. In NYC you should have a plethora of great tailors, however.

12. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Sorry I mis-worded my post. I was wondering if CK Collection made some cheaper suits that retailed for sub $1000. I saw some CK Collection suits for around $200 with a marked MSRP of $700. I thought all their suits were over $1000. So I was wondering if they made a cheaper range of suits or something or if it's a typo.

13. XKxRome0ox

XKxRome0ox Senior member

i have a serious answer to that
    i have a very slim fitting suit... the pants are very slim fitting and tight, especially around the thighs
    i am afraid that one day the pants will split in the thigh area when i bend down to put on socks or tie my shoes

14. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Cyber Eliitist

Yes they do. CK has a number of different lines with "Collection" or "White Label" being the most expensive. After that there is "Black Label", CK and so on and so forth.

15. LukeM

LukeM Senior member

Has anyone ordered from Flatspot.com? How fast was their shipping? Was their customer service any good?

And can anyone comment on the quality of the Makr Farm Ruck Sack and its carrying capacity?