Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Cyber Eliitist

2. kb11235

kb11235 Member

Where can I find a jacket similar to this:

[​IMG]

Taken from WAYWRN HOF

3. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Cyber Eliitist

Why don't you PM whoever was wearing it in WAYWRN?

4. kb11235

kb11235 Member

There was not a username attached to this specific picture. I did think of that.

5. Filipe

Filipe Senior member

I've measured a shirt that has a fuller cut and it measures 21.25 from pit to pit. This causes billowing so I guess I should start looking for shirts with less than 21". This means I have to go down to 15" on neck size. Do you think this neck size will be too tight? Is there a relationship between neck size and the rest of the measurements?

6. Nicola

Nicola Senior member

If you're a 15.5 then you're an Italian 40.

How did you measure? How much slack?

7. acconrad

acconrad Senior member

Looking for a hard-soled loafer recommendation. Ideally something I can wear with a suit or jeans, but most likely wearing them with jeans. I like the profile and sleekness of the Prada (2nd from the left) and Dsquared2 loafers (light brown suede right in the middle on the guy with jeans on) in this picture:

[​IMG]

But I know you gents are better with quality and versatility than GQ. Ideally I'd like to spend under $150 used (via B/S forums) so I'm currently researching Zegna, Ferragamo, AE and Alden.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  8. Filipe

Filipe Senior member

I used tape around my neck until I couldn't fit more than two fingers. It's around 39/40 centimeters.

9. JamesX

JamesX Senior member

Anyone know where to get a good Wine/Maroon Peacoat?

10. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

Newbie here. Looking to get a pair of versatile dark brown dress shoes to add to my new collection of Allen Edmonds (Park Avenue in black and Strand in Walnut - Thanks, Nordstrom). Will wear them most of the time with nice wool slacks and a shirt, but would like to occasionally wear them with my Navy pinstripe suit. I was looking at the AE Delray, Lasalle and Kenilworth today, but wasn't sure if any of them were dressy enough to wear with a suit occasionally. Would I be better served to get the Fifth Avenue even though I would mostly wear the shoes with slacks and a shirt? Any guidance would be appreciated.

11. Gdot

Gdot Senior member

Is this a joke? It looks like the sole is coming off that D-squared shoe in the photo.

For $150 bucks you're gonna have to be pretty flexible as to brand/style even on B/S - my advise is to get busy looking at what's available on B/S and simply shop until you find something you like - THEN ask for opinions if you wish.

12. dapperwit

dapperwit Member

Thanks for the recommendation. I'm planning on going to one of my local Allen Edmonds stores for sizing next week. I am also in the market for some quality dress shoes. Currently looking at the Park Avenue and Strand. Should be fun to look at some more casual shoes as well.

13. GHo

GHo Senior member

E advice needed please...

just got back my AE Black Seneca's from recrafting. Man these look good. As i was showing someone here at work the "new shoe", I noticed that there was a gap between the heel and the sole.

Is this an easy fix? glue possibly? or is something serious enough that i should contact AE and possibly send back because it'll be a bigger issue down the road?

[​IMG]

14. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

I have heard this happening with a lot of AE's. You could contact them, or bring it to a local cobbler.