Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

Got it!

[​IMG]

Nice work Scotty! That gives me some direction.

BTW Love your avatar. I grew up watching T.C. as a first run cartoon so I'm really dating myself. [​IMG]

2. Muggie

Muggie New Member

Too vague to answer without any context. What's your job, environment, budget, dress code, etc.

Budget would be under 4k for the basics. I do IT work, dress code is usually business casual. What other information would be pertinent?

3. insignia200

insignia200 New Member

I just bought this 100% cotton polo shirt, which looks great and fits great, except for one minor problem. It seems that the area that holds the buttons got a little messed up when I put it in the dryer (which I will not do again). The button holes are flimsy, and when I'm wearing it sometimes just fall out on their own. And the lack of straightness is unsightly. [​IMG] [​IMG] As you can see it's just sort of flimsy looking and it is. I tried to take an iron to it but ehhh.... I'm wondering if there's anything I can do to restore it a little better?

4. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

Hello gentlemen,

I am looking for sweaters for small and slim men.
    They should be soft, preferable at least part cashmere, preferable crew-neck, in muted colors like Fawn, Navy, Charcoal, Light Grey and in contrast to the CT ones I'd love to own - slim cut.

http://www.ctshirts.co.uk/men%27s-ca...|||||||&page=3
    http://www.ctshirts.co.uk/men%27s-ca...V|||||||||||||

To give you an idea regarding approriate sizing, I am wearing Lacoste Polos of the Stretch Line in XS/2 which have a chest circumference of 36 inchs/92cm.
    Also the Carhartt WIP Playoff Sweater size XS fits me well, only its quality isn't too good.

Any experiences with todays Pringe of Scotland products?
    http://www.pringlescotland.com/men%2...6?colour=camel

Thanks a lot in advance!

Anyone?

5. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

I like to get a general opinion on the Joseph A. Bank Platinum suit series.

Thanks.

6. Tatum Rag

Tatum Rag Active Member

7. square wave

square wave Well-Known Member

Will there be a third markdown on Purple Label stuff and if so how long do I need to wait? (second markdown was wednesday)

8. Avidius5

Avidius5 Member

9. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Anyone familiar with the Bay Area can share where to look for deals on suits (cheap). I am considering hitting up the malls first to check out low-end retailers like H&M, but even then, a lot of the stores do not carry everything. So which particular H&M store (which mall?) actually carries suiting/tailoring because I have never seen such a section previously. Another place is probably BB store in Santana Row, but with my current circumstance I consider that even too expensive.

10. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

Looking for a black shoe for interviews and the like. The AE Weybridge in black is on sale at Nordstrom's for just $162.90. Sound good to you all?
    http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/allen-ed...oxford/3115447

Some might say that a floating medallion isn't very conservative and you should stick with a punch cap, or captoe, but I think these would be good.

11. KObalto

KObalto Senior member

Looking for a black shoe for interviews and the like. The AE Weybridge in black is on sale at Nordstrom's for just $162.90. Sound good to you all?
    http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/allen-ed...oxford/3115447

Weybridges at that price are a great deal (I paid $210 at the Nordy's sale 3 years ago), but as stated, they are a little flashy for interviews. Get black captoes for that, but then treat yourself to the Weybridges in Chili. My favorite AE!

12. ALFAMALE

ALFAMALE Senior member

Are Brunello Cucinelli ties 7 fold...? I'm trying to replicate one to go with my Cucinelli suit.

13. deburn

deburn Senior member

Some might say that a floating medallion isn't very conservative and you should stick with a punch cap, or captoe, but I think these would be good.

From what I've read on SF, the plainer the shoe, the more formal it is, and vice versa, but I agree with patrickBOOTH. I think it would pass muster with most people and the price can't be beat!

I ordered the same shoe from Nordy's, also in black, and I just got them today - half an hour ago. My first nice pair and I'm very pleased.

14. Anm1984

Anm1984 Senior member

15. Achillus

Achillus Senior member

I'm looking for the name of this men (left) who has an own shop in Italy. Or a website where i can order his selfmade ties. [​IMG]