Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

I'm looking for a pair of somewhat affordable slim chinos. size 36x30 or 36x32. preferably 7-8" hem width, and a low rise. Looking to spend under $70.

Suggestions please! I've done a load of searching, no luck.

Would Rugby chinos be what i'm looking for?

Rugby, J. Crew Bowery, or Brooks Brothers Milano. I think they might be slightly over $70, but sales are about.

2. dduazo

dduazo New Member

I'm looking for a pair of somewhat affordable slim chinos. size 36x30 or 36x32. preferably 7-8" hem width, and a low rise. Looking to spend under $70.

Suggestions please! I've done a load of searching, no luck.

Would Rugby chinos be what i'm looking for?

I personally love the feel of the material of the Vintage Khakis from Gap. They're very soft and comfortable to wear. Plus they're only around $50.

3. deburn

deburn Senior member

How good a deal is the current sale at Brooks Brothers for suits?

Specifically a Regent or Fitzgerald 1818 or Milano Saxxon which are 40 - 50% off like these over here

I want to buy a suit and will pull the trigger if you guys feel this is good value or look elsewhere if you don't. Or, if it's really good value, I might buy two suits. I've been spending a lot of time reading on the forum, but want to act quickly before they run out of the good stuff

Thanks!

4. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

How good a deal is the current sale at Brooks Brothers for suits?

Specifically a Regent or Fitzgerald 1818 or Milano Saxxon which are 40 - 50% off like these over here

I want to buy a suit and will pull the trigger if you guys feel this is good value or look elsewhere if you don't. Or, if it's really good value, I might buy two suits. I've been spending a lot of time reading on the forum, but want to act quickly before they run out of the good stuff

Thanks!

Damn, that is a good deal. I'm going to kick myself if I find out I missed out 38R's. There are none left! Still plenty of 36S, 36R, 38S...

5. SOMD

SOMD Member

long time lurker, 1st time poster here.

When looking for suits/blazers offered in the B&S section (or Ebay), how much room do I--or my tailor--have to work with, specifically across the shoulders?

I'm a slender guy & measure 18.75 from shoulder-to-shoulder on all 3 of my Canali suits. Would a skilled tailor be able to let out fabric in the back of a jacket that's 18.0 or 18.25? Or is that really too much of an adjustment adversely affecting the position of the armholes?

Thanks for any tips or info [​IMG]

6. deburn

deburn Senior member

Thanks for the info. There should be some at the store - I hope! Otherwise I'll be kicking myself too :)

Damn, that is a good deal. I'm going to kick myself if I find out I missed out 38R's. There are none left! Still plenty of 36S, 36R, 38S...

7. deburn

deburn Senior member

Going to check out the BB sale tomorrow and wanted to know which store has the better selection: State St or Newbury St? This is in Boston, btw.

8. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

RRL?
    I don't think so. I'll have to stop by on the way home tomorrow and see if they're still there.
    I rarely wear glasses but need a new pair. Thoughts on these?
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    They fit my face well, especially the bridge. (It's not to thick) I like the dark tortoise color too. Only problem is the obnoxious Polo horse. Any ideas on how I could disguise the log? I don't think the penny scratch-off method would work, as it's a recessed area that has been filled. (Not painted on)

I haven't needed to wear glasses for near-sightedness for over 10 years now since the Lasik procedure but if I did, the frames would be tortoise. I am lusting for a pair of tortoise Wayfarers and I don't care if they say RayBan on the lens or not. Get the Ralphs and don't worry about the logo. Probably end up as a good conversation starter.

9. charliepaulsen

charliepaulsen Member

I have to match my date by wearing a moss green tie, and i was wondering what color suit or blazer would look good with a moss green tie, thanks

10. cptjeff

cptjeff Senior member

I have to match my date by wearing a moss green tie, and i was wondering what color suit or blazer would look good with a moss green tie, thanks

Yes.

Seriously, dark green is a versatile color. White shirt, and you can wear one with anything.

11. charliepaulsen

charliepaulsen Member

Yes.

Seriously, dark green is a versatile color. White shirt, and you can wear one with anything.

Cool, thank you for the advice

12. Creamy

Creamy Member

Buying my first suit - charcoal or navy?

13. Kenneth Cole Haan

Kenneth Cole Haan Senior member

Are these wearable to an office enviornment (with appropriate color linen/seersucker trousers) in the American south? The two tone looks a bit unbusinesslike despite the seasonal suitability. Are these only for non-professional wear?

[​IMG]

14. Dan G

Dan G Senior member

What is a BoO shirt size 4 equivalent to? an extra large? 42?

15. KObalto

KObalto Senior member

long time lurker, 1st time poster here.

When looking for suits/blazers offered in the B&S section (or Ebay), how much room do I--or my tailor--have to work with, specifically across the shoulders?

I'm a slender guy & measure 18.75 from shoulder-to-shoulder on all 3 of my Canali suits. Would a skilled tailor be able to let out fabric in the back of a jacket that's 18.0 or 18.25? Or is that really too much of an adjustment adversely affecting the position of the armholes?

Thanks for any tips or info [​IMG]

Shoulder measurement is the most important. That's too big a difference, IMHO.