Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. KObalto

KObalto Senior member

2. ChuckDee

ChuckDee Member

First post here, although I have been reading along for a while now. My father is looking to get rid of a number of Hickey Freeman and other suits that no longer fit him. I was just wondering if there would be enough interest to post them on here for sale or trade or if I should just put them on Ebay. I am not exactly sure of the size, but I would imagine the suits range from 38S to 42S.

If you all think that there would be interest, I can get the suits and provide proper measurements (and pictures, of course).

Thanks.

3. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

First post here, although I have been reading along for a while now. My father is looking to get rid of a number of Hickey Freeman and other suits that no longer fit him. I was just wondering if there would be enough interest to post them on here for sale or trade or if I should just put them on Ebay. I am not exactly sure of the size, but I would imagine the suits range from 38S to 42S.

If you all think that there would be interest, I can get the suits and provide proper measurements (and pictures, of course).

Thanks.

Put them on the Buying & Selling Forum. I am sure people will bite.

4. Minarchist

Minarchist Senior member

Put them on the Buying & Selling Forum. I am sure people will bite.
    Only problem is, I think you have to have 45(?) or so posts to create a thread there. Might need someone to proxy it for you, or maybe there's some other way around it. I dunno.

5. ChuckDee

ChuckDee Member

Only problem is, I think you have to have 45(?) or so posts to create a thread there. Might need someone to proxy it for you, or maybe there's some other way around it. I dunno.
    I looked into that and the site said that I needed to be a member for 45 days (I think) before I could post on the buying and selling thread. If that is the case, I can wait a while longer and then post when I am able. Thanks for the responses.

6. KObalto

KObalto Senior member

Which line of HF? You may want to post some pics of labels.

7. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Senior member

I looked into that and the site said that I needed to be a member for 45 days (I think) before I could post on the buying and selling thread.

I wish they'd apply this to the rest of the forum as well, just with a shorter time, maybe 7 days, purely to get rid of all the damn spammers.

8. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Zara Navy two button blazer wool 100% or GAP dark grey two button cotton twill sportscoat, which would be better? Former on 40$ local, latter on 30$ local.

You should ask this in the 'Should I or Shouldn't I Buy..." thread in Streetwear and Denim.

(Without seeing the items, it seems like the Zara would fit much slimmer and possibly wear out sooner).

9. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

I rarely wear glasses but need a new pair. Thoughts on these? [​IMG] [​IMG] They fit my face well, especially the bridge. (It's not to thick) I like the dark tortoise color too. Only problem is the obnoxious Polo horse. Any ideas on how I could disguise the log? I don't think the penny scratch-off method would work, as it's a recessed area that has been filled. (Not painted on)

10. peanutbutter

peanutbutter New Member

Hello!

I was wondering because I have been meaning to buy a bag that I can take with me to the office that doesn't look like a purse. Can anyone help in giving me tips? Its supposed to be big enough to carry a diary/planner/15-in mac. Thanks!

11. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

What can I expect in terms of turnaround from B. Nelson - I am gonna be in NY tomorrow, can I expect same-day or a couple day turnaround? I want inlaid metal taps installed, toe and heel, and a little gouge in the toebox filled - am I expecting too much? I don't have much time.

12. tr1p7s

tr1p7s New Member

Newcomer to the site and new to suits. Where should the suit sleeves end?

13. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/calibrat...rigin=category Looking at buying my first suite, I am in undergrad and price is a factor. I am open to suggestions, thanks in advance. I am also looking for advice on where to start buying more casual apparel. I currently wear khakis and polos, oxfords and solid t shirts but I want to shift away from that. I am on a budget as well. I like a more conservative look (if that makes sense) but I also like the summer colors. I have explored BB, JCrew and RL but I wanted to start wearing something that does not make me a walking billboard either. Thanks in advance guys.

14. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

anyone remember which was the thread in which the versatility of brown SCs in comparison to grey SCs was discussed. IIRC it was 50 pages long and [​IMG] Thanks

15. dah328

dah328 Senior member

Metal taps are not a while-you-wait procedure but a couple-day turnaround is probably reasonable. Why don't you just ask Nick if he can accommodate your schedule?