• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I came across a pair of RL chinos at a thrift that had black printing on the inside of the pants in the area of the right back pocket with military specifications. The label was white with black lettering. Any idea as to what they might be. I should have snapped a couple of pics.

linds_15

Reaction score
at the brooks brothers store in toronto the sales associate said i fit best in a 44r fitzgerald but needed the pants scooped, and the chest brought in a tad (42R shoulders werent right). knowing this would i pull off a rlbl in the same size?

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

utexas

Reaction score
I bought this sport coat from BB a few months ago. It's made out of cotton, which I'm not crazy about, but the fit is just about perfect. I've worn it maybe four or five times, no alterations, and I've just now noticed the worst "puckering" in the back, as though it's grown a spine or something. ("Puckering" seems like the wrong word, but I don't know how else to describe it.) This pic is way overexposed, but it really highlights the problem:

0geMT.png

I took a few more pics here: Back, better exposure. Inside construction.

Any ideas on how this could be fixed? The tag says to dry clean only, and not to iron. I've done neither, but this being cotton, I would consider ironing it if I knew that it would work and not destroy the coat. I also recognize that all of the unevenness tracks the seam, leaving me to wonder if the real problem lies in what may just be a cheap construction, in which case there might not be much I can do.

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^I would have it professionally pressed.

shoeme

Reaction score
For those of you who own Turnbull and Asser shirts with the 3 button cuff - can you please measure and PM me or post the length of the cuff? My bespoke shirts are 2 button (vertical) and 3 inches long. Deciding whether to go 3.25 or 3.5 inches on the 3 button cuff. Thanks.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Digmenow
I came across a pair of RL chinos at a thrift that had black printing on the inside of the pants in the area of the right back pocket with military specifications. The label was white with black lettering. Any idea as to what they might be. I should have snapped a couple of pics.

RRL?

asturiano

Reaction score
what is the difference betweem the 'jadwin' and London model from Santoni? (Both double monks?

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by utexas
("Puckering" seems like the wrong word, but I don't know how else to describe it.)

'Puckering' is actually perfectly correct. If a pressing doesn't help then you could take it back to BB and see what they say, it could be a construction defect.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KObalto
Return them for Marteganis on sale now.

Which ones?

ironduke

Reaction score
Zara Navy two button blazer wool 100% or GAP dark grey two button cotton twill sportscoat, which would be better? Former on 40$ local, latter on 30$ local.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads