Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. dron

dron Senior member

How do I tell weather smoked MOP suit buttons indeed are real MOP?
    I have thought about trying to cut or chip one, but I don't really know what to look for.
    Thank you all.

2. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Senior member

How do I tell weather smoked MOP suit buttons indeed are real MOP?

It may sound odd, but I usually tap the button against one of my teeth; plastic and MOP feel very different when doing this, though you might have to try first with a few that you know are MOP to get a feel for what it should feel like.

3. dron

dron Senior member

It may sound odd, but I usually tap the button against one of my teeth; plastic and MOP feel very different when doing this, though you might have to try first with a few that you know are MOP to get a feel for what it should feel like.

I'll try that, thank you. And it's not odd at all. It's how movie-pirates identify gold and police officers hashis.

4. KObalto

KObalto Senior member

nvm

5. lenahan

lenahan Senior member

Spoo rocked this combo a month ago.

he rocks every combo.

6. easy_golfing

easy_golfing Senior member

any diff in quality between AE dress belt and BB dress belt?

7. alexr

alexr New Member

I am new here and have learned a *LOT* lately from reading. Awesome place... now I'm looking for some feedback on these combinations. I plan on wearing a vest/coat as well, that matches the pants. Yes I know the shirt is wrinkled [​IMG] Thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. apolishedman

apolishedman Active Member

i like the second combination better, but both ties look slightly too wide. you should try a 3" tie.

9. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

When in doubt I do the same thing"”works like a charm. MoP feels like a pebble. Better than the temperature check.

10. linds_15

linds_15 Senior member

Thanks for all the help so far sf. Today I went to Brooks brothers and an 44R fitz fit me quite well. Some tking in needed toe done, and the pants scooped, but the 42r was too tint in the shoulders. Kowing this fits would I pull of a rlbl in the same size?

11. mercedezzz

mercedezzz Active Member

I'm really not feeling the first tie. Second look is okay, but I'm thinking a solid tie might work best since you've got a patterned shirt & patterned slacks.

12. netovargas90

netovargas90 Member

I want to switch the buttons on my (very traditional) navy blazer for something a little more contemporary. I was thinking brown horn buttons? Something like this: [​IMG] What is generally the norm of blazer buttons (or if anyone has any good ideas outside the norm)? Does anyone have any links to good sources for buttons?

13. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Senior member

i like the second combination better, but both ties look slightly too wide. you should try a 3" tie.

Yes, definitely too wide.

14. The Thin Man

The Thin Man Senior member

What color sport coat other than navy do you think would look best with mid brown ('coffee colored') wool trousers and light blue OCBD on someone with lighter skin? Thanks.
    Mottled black-and-white/gray herringbone, tan, lighter-than-navy blue, cream, lovat, dark brown.

15. The Thin Man

The Thin Man Senior member

Hi - I was wondering if anyone knew if Paul Stuart Stuart's Choice shoes come with lasted shoe trees. I just ordered some and was wondering if they already came with trees or if I should also order the $60 trees as well. Are they lasted?

I'm not sure if they come with them, but virtually no one offers lasted trees anymore. Even Edward Green stopped.