Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. anpunk27

anpunk27 New Member

4406 Chestnut Street Plant City, FL 33566
    im glad to be in this forum.

2. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Senior member

Did not want to start a new thread just for this....How important is the stitching at the bottom of the sole? I recently purchased a pair of shoes on- line. I really like them, the only problem is that the stitching at the bottom of the sole is not a uniform distance from the edge and in the front of the shoe it is only 1/8" (3mm) from the edge.

Is this a manufacturing defect and will it affect the life of the shoe?

I don't think this is going to be a problem. If it concerns you, put a plastic toe tap on the toe of each shoe.

3. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Senior member

Where would I be able to find sport coats like these?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The BB Deco jacket is similar to the first in color but the BB is a little smaller in scale and a little more subdued. Both are nice, but the second......damn, that is extraordinary.

4. linds_15

linds_15 Senior member

need some help with a new suit, the last suit i got was for prom, my dad took me to his guy and i got a black boss suit and ive been wearing that, its been 2 years, and it doesnt fit me right anymore, i can get away with wearing it, most people dont notice, but i do. ive read alot on here and pretty much concluded that anything i pay at retail for up in canada is a ripff (that prom suit was almost 1000). ive seen some good deals on suits in here, and ive been watching this one http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=251253, so my question is how do i go about sizing a suit, i know im roughly a 42L, so does that mean i can get that size and have any problems tailored? im also planning on loosing around 20 pounds, so should i wait til ive done that before buying a suit? thanks for all the help fellas

5. kook

kook Well-Known Member

Do brown shoes go with a wool-linen light grey suit?

6. Michael_A

Michael_A Active Member

Slim fit wool trousers around $100 ... with 36" inseam ... do they exist?

Am building up my SF approved business casual wardrobe ... now that I have slim shirts, my trousers are too baggy...

7. Texastyle

Texastyle Senior member

Do brown shoes go with a wool-linen light grey suit?

Yep.

8. Texastyle

Texastyle Senior member

9. mrtef3

mrtef3 Active Member

I'd like to find a pair of shoes that approximates these:
    [​IMG]

These are Edward Green Buckingham spectators, apparently (seen on Wil's site). I'd like to find something that approximates the look, i.e. two-toned without being as costumey as most spectators, without paying $1000. Suede not necessary, although obviously a bonus! Anyone have any ideas?

Try Re-Mix Vintage Shoes if you're okay with a more "classic" spectator penny loafer - they offer theirs in a variety of color combinations, and I believe they're made in Mexico (price is $148.00):

http://www.remixvintageshoes.com/index3.html

10. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

How's the quality of hickey suits? I have some Gilt credit left which will bring the price to about $450. Worth it?

11. Platform

Platform Active Member

I impulse purchased a bb1 black fleece 'classic wool suit' with the hope of wearing it at work (corporate culture) occasionally. Did I make a mistake? If it helps, I'm on the shorter side (38s) with shorter arms so the jacket might look less clownish. It's the lapels I'm worried about.

Also, can someone recommend me a navy blazer <$300? For reference extra slim fit BB 15x32 fit me pretty much perfectly.

12. Jacob_G

Jacob_G Senior member

Can someone please give me some shopping recommendation in london for slim fit shirts around 150 dollars?

13. PipersSon

PipersSon Senior member

My new pair of C&J shell boots has acquired the 'rolling' look that I see in shell cordovan shoes, after 'just' one day of use. Is this normal/ expected or does that look come in after months/ years of use?

14. JamesX

JamesX Senior member

My new pair of C&J shell boots has acquired the 'rolling' look that I see in shell cordovan shoes, after 'just' one day of use. Is this normal/ expected or does that look come in after months/ years of use?
    How fast a shoe creases depends on fit in addition to how hard you wear them. A Roll is just how Shells crease. I don't think it is unusual. It might be because your shoe is slightly too large for you. On an unrelated note, Anyone know a vendor that sells a decent pair of Coral colored Chinos?

15. nickelcobalt

nickelcobalt Senior member

Got these John Lobb William II's for a really good price on eBay. Unfortunately the seller didn't list the cracks/nicks in the leather. I doubt I could find them again for such a low price, so I'm torn between returning them or just wearing them as is. I just waxed & polished them after this photo so the marks are slightly more subtle but still apparent. Not sure what to do.

[​IMG]