Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. omgitswes

omgitswes Senior member

Does it matter what material the pocket square is?
    I'm about to buy a wool suit and I want to get a pocket square for it, so I looked on thetiebar and they have silk and cotton ones. Which material should I get or does it even matter?

2. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

I would say this is fine. I would go with a light cotton or knit tie.

I agree.

A linen tie would be my choice. STP has some Altea silk/linen ties pretty cheap. I bought one and love it [​IMG]

PS: Is the wedding during the day?

3. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

Does it matter what material the pocket square is?
    I'm about to buy a wool suit and I want to get a pocket square for it, so I looked on thetiebar and they have silk and cotton ones. Which material should I get or does it even matter?

Linen seems to be the preferred fabric, specifically in white.

Sam Hober makes them, as does as Kent Wang and Howard Yount. (If I remember correctly)

Check the links at the top of the screen.

4. Selvaggio

Selvaggio Senior member

Does anyone know who makes RL Purple Label ties?

5. MagicalPanda

MagicalPanda Active Member

Where would I be able to find sport coats like these? [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

PM the members and ask. Spoozy and Spoo? (not sure on the second pic)

7. pvrhye

pvrhye Senior member

I'd like to find a pair of shoes that approximates these:
    [​IMG]

These are Edward Green Buckingham spectators, apparently (seen on Wil's site). I'd like to find something that approximates the look, i.e. two-toned without being as costumey as most spectators, without paying $1000. Suede not necessary, although obviously a bonus! Anyone have any ideas?

Consider the AE MTO shoe generator. There's lots of two (even, god help you 3) tone options there. If you wanted something more subtle, there's closer shades.

8. Nopike343

Nopike343 Senior member

Did not want to start a new thread just for this....How important is the stitching at the bottom of the sole? I recently purchased a pair of shoes on- line. I really like them, the only problem is that the stitching at the bottom of the sole is not a uniform distance from the edge and in the front of the shoe it is only 1/8" (3mm) from the edge. Is this a manufacturing defect and will it affect the life of the shoe? [​IMG]

9. phairphair

phairphair New Member

I wear a suit to work each day and prefer shirts with a slim, tailored fit and classic collars and cuffs.

I'm 6'5", 205, so it's not easy to find OTR shirts that fit and are of good quality. I don't like the look or feel of non-iron fabrics.

Charles Tyrwhitt was my go-to catalog until they disco'd the 16.5 x 37 size. I really liked the fit of their slim shirts, and the quality was great. At $50-60 a shirt, they were an excellent value.

I've been unable to find a good replacement. I tried some Brooks Brothers shirts and, frankly, they're crap by comparison.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a replacement label that would fit the bill?

Thanks

10. mkarim

mkarim Senior member

Where would I be able to find sport coats like these?
    [​IMG]

The "Fitzgerald with deco" at Brooks Brothers comes close. I've tried it on. Its a nice fabric and cut slim. I think its canvassed too.

11. tc20

tc20 Senior member

Anyone got any options to wear I can find a RLPL alligator belt in pretty good condition other than retail.

Anyone interested in selling

pm

12. emptym

emptym Moderator Moderator

Did not want to start a new thread just for this....How important is the stitching at the bottom of the sole? I recently purchased a pair of shoes on- line. I really like them, the only problem is that the stitching at the bottom of the sole is not a uniform distance from the edge and in the front of the shoe it is only 1/8" (3mm) from the edge.

Is this a manufacturing defect and will it affect the life of the shoe?

It looks like the sole was trimmed to be very close to the shoe. Is that the exact shoe you'd be getting? If so, I'd PM Nick V and ask him about it.
    I wear a suit to work each day and prefer shirts with a slim, tailored fit and classic collars and cuffs.

Does TM Lewin make shirts in that size?

13. diggerdantheman

diggerdantheman New Member

Hi, First Post [​IMG]
    Is it wrong for me to carry my keys in my ticket pocket?
    D

14. SartorialConductor

SartorialConductor Well-Known Member

I agree. A linen tie would be my choice. STP has some Altea silk/linen ties pretty cheap. I bought one and love it [​IMG] PS: Is the wedding during the day?
    Yes the wedding is afternoon. I probably will go knit just because I have it and it's this weekend haha Just found a cotton blazer and want an excuse to wear it. Thanks guys. Musician. Conductor. Teacher. Sent from iPhone

15. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

Hmm. No reply to my inquiry about two toned shoes. OK, I'll try this question. I saw these sandals on someone the other day and actually thought they didn't look bad.

http://www.aldoshoes.com/ca-eng/men/...-gyllensten/22

Am I crazy?

Under what circumstances do you think it would be appropriate to wear those hideous fucking things?