Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. feastmaster

feastmaster Active Member

The besom pockets look kinda sagging to me.

It may be just the way it's hanging. I'll take a look at it again.

Congrats on your wedding! I'd definitely go with the pocket watch, especially if it has sentimental meaning to you. I also vote for the tortoiseshell glasses . Regarding buttoning, that's a tough call. I'd unbutton when sitting, but when standing - hmmm...

2. utexas

utexas Well-Known Member

Brooks Brothers Milano is SF Approved.

Do they sell the dress trousers in separates? I'm only seeing the Milano cut in the casual pants.

3. JamesX

JamesX Senior member

4. netovargas90

netovargas90 Member

I recently bought a pair of boots in a tan/light brown grainy leather. I wanted something a little more chocolatey in color but I couldnt find the shoe I wanted so I have these now. What is the best way to darken them? To what extent is using darker shoe polish on them (dark brown or cherry or even black) to darken them with time useful? Has anyone done this? What are the results? Thanks

5. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

6. dasai

dasai Senior member

This fits great, but I am unsure if it's dated or ratty looking. Thoughts?

[​IMG]

4x1 has a dated vibe to it due to overuse in the 1980s, but with peak lapels, you might be able to get away with it. Looks like the V is fairly high, which is good for a DB jacket.

7. utexas

utexas Well-Known Member

8. crider8883

crider8883 Well-Known Member

I recently bought a 40L Zegna tux thinking that it was a 40R. How much would it screw up the proportions of the tux to have a tailor shorten it by 1" to 1.5"?

9. zerostyle

zerostyle Senior member

From what I've read, 1" is about the most you can usually take off of a jacket. With a long, you might be able to get away with more though.

10. Kenneth Cole Haan

Kenneth Cole Haan Senior member

Great link!

Anyone have any thoughts on where these [dog pants] might be appropriate other than the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show? Even there?

Sure, on halloween.

I never liked these kind of 'decal' trousers, Ralph Lauren has similar ones, they attract too much attention to the legs; if you wear them for something other than house painting, treat them like Spiderman underwear and never let female eyes gaze upon them, lest your genetic code die out this generation . . .

11. mercedezzz

mercedezzz Active Member

Great link!

Anyone have any thoughts on where these might be appropriate other than the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show? Even there?

Clark Plain-Front Dog Motif Vintage Chinos

[​IMG]

Party in the Hamptons, Martha's Vineyard, etc., or any other leisure activity where the people around you understand the go-to-hell pants. To a live episode taping of one of Jesse Thorn's shows.

12. Johdus Fanfoozal

Johdus Fanfoozal Senior member

I recently bought a pair of boots in a tan/light brown grainy leather. I wanted something a little more chocolatey in color but I couldnt find the shoe I wanted so I have these now. What is the best way to darken them? To what extent is using darker shoe polish on them (dark brown or cherry or even black) to darken them with time useful? Has anyone done this? What are the results? Thanks

It's pretty simple. Darker shoe polish on lighter shoes = darker shoes.

13. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

Sure, on halloween.

I never liked these kind of 'decal' trousers, Ralph Lauren has similar ones, they attract too much attention to the legs; if you wear them for something other than house painting, treat them like Spiderman underwear and never let female eyes gaze upon them, lest your genetic code die out this generation . . .

Party in the Hamptons, Martha's Vineyard, etc., or any other leisure activity where the people around you understand the go-to-hell pants. To a live episode taping of one of Jesse Thorn's shows.

Oh. Okay, thanks.

14. P. Bateman

P. Bateman Senior member

I found a white Lacoste polo for $23 out the door after various sales and coupons I have. Should I cop? I'm not sure how I'd wear a white polo.

15. Smudge

Smudge Senior member

I found a white Lacoste polo for $23 out the door after various sales and coupons I have. Should I cop? I'm not sure how I'd wear a white polo.
    Tennis? Squash?