Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. SartorialConductor

SartorialConductor Well-Known Member

I'd go with a suit for the wedding too. If you're not sure call the couple and ask about dress code.

Trying to learn style while perfecting my craft. Style is actually tougher to understand...
    Sent from iPhone

2. SartorialConductor

Had anyone seen thus label in a BB coat? If so,does it have any significance? Trying to learn style while perfecting my craft. Style is actually tougher to understand... Sent from iPhone
    [​IMG]

3. J47

J47 New Member

Just called the wedding host. Seems about everyone is going suited up.[​IMG]

4. Archivist

Archivist Senior member

This may seem like a really straightforward question, but you'd be surprised how much contradictory information is out there.

Is there a definitive cm (or inches) to US-size shoe chart?

There are a lot of International/UK/EU/AUS to US size charts (which once again sometimes don't even agree with each other, based on website) but I need to know my US size to begin with, and "estimates" (as often with 'conversion' charts) won't do.

I know each shoe maker varies, and even within the shoemaker the lasts vary, but I just need to know the US "standard."

Well, you could read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoe_size
    The main result will be to convince you that you really need to try the shoes on, there is just a lot of variation in all the sizing systems for rtw shoes.

5. SartorialConductor

Just called the wedding host. Seems about everyone is going suited up.[​IMG]

Nice as a man two weeks from being a groom I'm glad you just asked. I'm hoping our invitation was specific enough that none of my family shows up in polos...

On the wedding topic do you guys think I can get away with wearing a diamond white vest and contrasting purple tie with my tux as the groom? The white on white is what I wear when I conduct and I want to be different. The bride will be in a diamond white dress.

Also groomsman in black vests with a contrasting tie or go matchy-match purple vest too?

6. Nikooo

Nikooo Member

Had anyone seen thus label in a BB coat? If so,does it have any significance?
    Just states the maker of the cloth - Loro Piana offers some of the most luxurious suiting fabrics around.

7. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

Had anyone seen thus label in a BB coat? If so,does it have any significance?

Trying to learn style while perfecting my craft. Style is actually tougher to understand...
    Sent from iPhone

I have the same label in my 3 roll 2 BB blazer.

[​IMG]

It is, I believe, the upgraded fabric over the standard that Brooks Brothers offers.

8. Johdus Fanfoozal

Johdus Fanfoozal Senior member

Flying coach from NYC to L.A. for a wedding later this summer.

What's the best way to pack a suit?
    Or should I just wear it on the plane?

9. gamma1234

gamma1234 Senior member

Help pick my next shoe!

Current Shoes (pics below)
    AE Black Park Ave
    AE Brown 5th Ave
    AE Merlot McCallister
    AE Walnut Strand

Info: Looking for another workhorse shoe to add to my daily work routine - I work as a lawyer and wear suits daily. Looking to stick with a balmoral. AEs seem to give me pretty good value for the price, and I have a lot of money in amazon giftcards(nearly all AEs are on amazon) so I want to stick to AEs for the time being.

Suggestions welcome! Thanks
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. gamma1234

gamma1234 Senior member

Flying coach from NYC to L.A. for a wedding later this summer.

What's the best way to pack a suit?
    Or should I just wear it on the plane?

I travel in my suits on a weekly basis. I find the best way is to lay the suit coat across your lap/legs and pack the slacks in your luggage. I have never had luck packing the suit coat : (

11. SartorialConductor

It is, I believe, the upgraded fabric over the standard that Brooks Brothers offers.

Sweet. I grabbed it at at a thrift store today in a pindot BB suit. 44L is much to large for me. PM if anyone wants it.

12. SartorialConductor

Help pick my next shoe!

Current Shoes (pics below)
    AE Black Park Ave
    AE Brown 5th Ave
    AE Merlot McCallister
    AE Walnut Strand

Info: Looking for another workhorse shoe to add to my daily work routine - I work as a lawyer and wear suits daily. Looking to stick with a balmoral. AEs seem to give me pretty good value for the price, and I have a lot of money in amazon giftcards(nearly all AEs are on amazon) so I want to stick to AEs for the time being.

Suggestions welcome! Thanks

I love the strand. I'm kind of over black shoes atm though...

13. RangerP

RangerP Senior member

Looking for a cheap Burgundy belt with a silver buckle...under $50.

They all seem to have a gold buckle.

Suggestions?

14. Gauss17

Gauss17 Senior member

15. ewc

ewc Active Member

I've decided the MTM suit I had made up just looks awkward, so I'm planning changes. Original is on the left. On the right, I've lowered the button stance, opened the quarters and softened the shoulder. Is that better? What else needs doing? [​IMG] Oh, and I also gave myself a cutaway collar, which I'm undecided about.