Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. aizan

aizan Senior member

how often does o'connell's make a new run of shirts? they ran out of my size.

2. linds_15

linds_15 Senior member

The problem is that you bought a gaudy brandwhore belt not because it looks good, but because it screams how much money you paid for said overpriced belt.

You don't know me or what I paid for the belt so how can you say that? I got an incredible deal on it so I have it, and I came on here where I thought I could get some recommendations. Dont see any issues.

3. Rob01IV

Rob01IV Member

Two questions:

(1) Thinking of having a suit made in either navy or black. Where can I purchase good light weight
    fabric in south Florida that will not break my pocket?

(2) Has anyone here ever purchased a suit from ITailor.com or indochino.com? I am interested
    in knowing how was the quality of the work done by both companies.

4. cptjeff

cptjeff Senior member

You don't know me or what I paid for the belt so how can you say that? I got an incredible deal on it so I have it, and I came on here where I thought I could get some recommendations. Dont see any issues.

Okay, so you didn't spend excessive amounts of money on it. But that does not change the fact that you are in possession of a belt that, no matter how it's worn, screams "I'm a brandwhore!".

5. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Senior member

(2) Has anyone here ever purchased a suit from ITailor.com or indochino.com? I am interested
    in knowing how was the quality of the work done by both companies.

There's a whole thread dedicated to Indochino.

6. alliswell

alliswell Senior member

what can i wear the orange side of my hermes belt with? i have the blk/orange with the hold H. cant think of many combinations of colours that could pull it off

Think basic colors - navy jacket or shirt, white or tan pants. It's a pretty bold look by itself, so eveything else will need to be subdued.

7. alliswell

alliswell Senior member

Okay, so you didn't spend excessive amounts of money on it. But that does not change the fact that you are in possession of a belt that, no matter how it's worn, screams "I'm a brandwhore!".

The problem is that you bought a gaudy brandwhore belt not because it looks good, but because it screams how much money you paid for said overpriced belt.

It seems you do it wrong.

You pick your suit, then pick your shoes, then pick your belt. Not picking your belt and then trying to see how to match things with it. If you do the later part, that means the belt with the logo is the central point of focus of your attire. In that case, it seems rather silly.

Any overpriced fashion label should be fine. Remember, it's not how it looks on you; it's how much it costs that matters.

Kid bought an orange belt with a big logo. He asked 'what does it go with?'. He didn't ask to play brand association with your neuroses. Have some manners and or get back on your meds. He has his own problems to deal with. Seriously, would Spoo have come so far if he'd had to deal with you asswipes when he first got here?

8. linds_15

linds_15 Senior member

Think basic colors - navy jacket or shirt, white or tan pants. It's a pretty bold look by itself, so eveything else will need to be subdued.
    thanks for the suggestions. i dont know how this makes me a "brandwhore" i got a great deal on a belt, i wanted a new belt and got one. i thought this site of all places would rag on me for that

9. onix

onix Senior member

Kid bought an orange belt with a big logo. He asked 'what does it go with?'. He didn't ask to play brand association with your neuroses. Have some manners and or get back on your meds. He has his own problems to deal with. Seriously, would Spoo have come so far if he'd had to deal with you asswipes when he first got here?
    What? Reread the discussion. He asked 2 questions. The first question was on the belt, I didn't give any answer. The second question was on what the problem with the first question is. And I answer this question. This is a Q&A thread and I did exactly that.

10. chiggah

chiggah Senior member

11. Farside

Farside Member

12. UncleCozy

UncleCozy Senior member

Where's the best place to cop Johnstons cashmere scarves ? With regards to sales and variety. Free international shipping would be better!

I'm looking at this site here now - http://www.highlandstore.com/acatalo...e_Scarves.html

Ebay. I've got one incoming to my house (monday probably) that I got for a mere 3£ (4£ postage), 100% cashmere, nice colours. They're out of season at the moment, along with gloves, so they can be had for no moniieees at all.

13. GamaH

GamaH Well-Known Member

How exactly should you measure your sleeve for a shirt order?

I know you start from your spinal column, straight across the shoulder/back, and then down the arm.

However, some websites/videos state that bend your arm at a 70degree angle, and measure over the elbow, while others say to keep your arm by your side and relaxed.

Also, do you stop at the wristbone, heel of hand or the 'V' where thumb and index finger meet?

I need a definitive answer.

14. Foxbat25

Foxbat25 Member

15. Larson McCord

Larson McCord Senior member

How is this suit? Are the lapels of this suit too wide?

Could it be still be worn normally or is it dated?

http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/6/5/4...75989805_o.jpg

Thanks

Looks pretty old, shoulders are very built up IMO. Obviously would look better with a regular suiting outfit with it.