1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Jaggs

Jaggs Senior member

What C&J last is comparable to Allen Edmonds 5? 348? I am a 13B on the 5.

And what's a brother supposed to do about all of PLAL's offerings being E fittings if he normally wears a US B width, are there any other good options out there?

Cheers!

2. stevent

stevent Senior member

I posted this earlier but haven't gotten any responses. Tips for getting cigarette smoke smell out of virgin wool for old clothes?

3. 12345Michael54321

12345Michael54321 Senior member

Not to be unhelpful, but when you googled "getting cigarette smoke out of wool clothing," and clicked on one of the thousands of links provided, was there something lacking in the advice provided?

I mean, you did at least try searching for an answer that way before asking here, right?

4. stevent

stevent Senior member

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=common+sense

5. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

Tough to do it without fear of ruining anything.. a decent Dry Cleaners may know a way, I would ask them...

6. stevent

stevent Senior member

Thanks yeah I tried a few techniques. It's a Pendleton plaid shirt coat I got for $3.50 so not trying to spend double that on the dry cleaners if I don't have to.

7. Randy Quinn

Randy Quinn New Member

Where do i find this?
    Where do I find clothes like this?

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

8. Philip

Philip Senior member

probs in the garbage, that looks like yesstyle crap ^

9. mikeman

mikeman Senior member

Who makes the best cashmere sweaters for the price?

10. mcass

mcass Well-Known Member

Could someone comment on the typical wear of BB trousers over the course of a day? Specifically, my old crappy JAB pants look like an accordion before I've made it to lunch. The second I sit down they start wrinkling. How are BB pants in this respect?

11. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

Is it okay to wear a chambray shirt with a sportcoat? Thinking about red chambray shirt + brown sportcoat + jeans. Does the chambray shirt work under a sportcoat?

Also, is it okay to wear a red shirt when the pattern on the sportcoat is in blue?

12. onix

onix Senior member

Scottish makers, or UK makers from Scottish yarn such as William Lockie, John Laing, Johnston of Elgins, Hawick Cashmere of Scotland, Begg...

13. The_International

The_International Well-Known Member

Does anyone know on average how much extra fabric are in the sides and back seams of a E. Zegna Roma Tuxedo? Is it possible to let out 2"?

Any insight would be appreciated!

14. pteroaltum

pteroaltum Active Member

Does anyone know of anything that can be retrofitted onto a pin so that it can be worn without damage to clothing (i.e. not produce a hole)?

I know badges have magnetic backings that a safety pin can be inserted and worn; but I have not found anything equivalent for a pin.

Do I even make sense?

Many thanks.

15. iroh

iroh Senior member

is it all right to wear low cut thin athletic socks with dress shoes for a casual look. was planning to pair up my jeans with my dress shoes but i don't want to wear long socks with them.

16. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

Heck no.

17. spdb1

spdb1 New Member

Quick question:
    I just had this jacket made. From a traditional perspetive, and setting aside personal preferences, do the lapels look overly flared toward the button? I had always thought that the roll of the lapel would lead it to lie flatter against the chest (sorry do not have a picture with it on).

Appreciate any advice. Thanks

[​IMG]

18. Texastyle

Texastyle Senior member

That sounds horrible.

19. Poindexter

Poindexter Senior member

This is an attitude I've had to get over. I've just gotten a gorgeous camel jacket worth maybe $1000 for sixteen bucks, and my parsimonious carcass don't want to cough up twelve for a good cleaning/deodorizing to get the thrift stink out.

I think you may be looking at this from the wrong angle. Suppose you got the Pendleton for its$150 (or whatever) retail and wore it to some pool-hallish party. Would you still be reluctant to spend ten clams to clean it up?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  20. cptjeff

cptjeff Senior member

Sounds good to me.

Hell no. Athletic socks should never be worn with nice shoes, especially low cut. You don't have to wear a thin high formal sock, but wear something crew or calf length, a bit heavier, with a pattern. Gap makes good socks along that line in interesting colors.