Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

Brad Pitt agrees with you..

[​IMG]

and so do Dolce and Gabbana who copied this design minus the Cartier quality.

[​IMG]

I remember this type of monstrosity from the eighties:

[​IMG]

(Ray Ban 2011)

2. Nicola

Nicola Senior member

It's been 20 years since I wore jeans. My legs are not straight and it look bad with Jeans. So I wear Khaki pants with sharp lines with iron. It looks very old style.

Is there any way I can wear a pair of pants casual? What kind of pants style or brand would you recommend.

? You want something more casual then Khakis? Sweat pants and the PJs are about the only things less formal then Khakis.

3. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Senior member

Sorry if this has been answered many times before...but is it ok to wear a pocket square without a tie? I like wearing jackets and would like to start incorporating PSs for a flash of color, but I don't have many occasions that would warrant a tie....

I've not really thought about it before but I would avoid the formality of a TV fold without also wearing a tie, but I think you can get away with a silk puff without a tie.

4. Kenneth Cole Haan

Kenneth Cole Haan Senior member

I saw these To Boot's (Hayden) at Nordstrom's. What does SF think of these? [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. dasai

dasai Senior member

6. dasai

dasai Senior member

Does the Brooks Brothers semi-annual sale also apply to clearance items?

I'm trying to decide whether to pick up a pair of flannels now or to wait until the end of the month and get two (if they're subject to further discounts).

7. newbie123

newbie123 Well-Known Member

I need a dark blue patterned tie to match with solid charcoal gray and solid white shirt. Is this a decent-looking tie or ugly? If it's ugly, can anybody recommend a dark-blue patterned tie for under $50, thanks! [​IMG]

8. Savoir

Savoir Member

I need a dark blue patterned tie to match with solid charcoal gray and solid white shirt.

Is this a decent-looking tie or ugly? If it's ugly, can anybody recommend a dark-blue patterned tie for under $50, thanks!

[​IMG]

That tie that will look very decent with a solid and crisp white or light blue shirt. As long as you don't go overboard with patterns, you will be alright.

9. Kenneth Cole Haan

Kenneth Cole Haan Senior member

Hard to say about the last shape without some shots from other angles, but they look not to be welted and to have a fairly extreme toe-spring. Proceed with caution...

They are not welted and have a rubber sole. BUT I am actually looking for some rubber soles for the rain. I need a replacement for my beaters.

My real concern here is the last shape -- the end about 1/2 to 1" longer on purpose, and the toe spring is more than I'm used to.

Is this normal on a contemporary 'italian' style shoe, or is this just a bit trashy of a shoe design?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. pellle

pellle New Member

Can someone tell me what is the situation with Malford of London? The site is closed and I can't access his thread here. I ordered a suit from him and he sent the wrong size, but now won't answed to my message.. I would just like to change it.

11. Spikelee3000

Spikelee3000 Member

Quick question:

I'm looking for a few good buttondown shirts that can be worn untucked and not look ridiculous... basically shirts that tend to square off at the waist and not hang an additional six inches below. Any brand suggestions? Also, I'm very thin, so brands with a slim or extra-slim option are even better. Thanks.

12. TRA8324

TRA8324 Senior member

Is solid grey acceptable interview attire or do I really need charcoal or navy? Considering this suit...I would wear a white shirt of course.

[​IMG]

13. Cant kill da Rooster

Cant kill da Rooster Senior member

^ perfectly acceptable for interviews. I have worn much riskier attire.

14. Mr.P

Mr.P Senior member

15. Mr_Incognito

Mr_Incognito Senior member

Agreed, of the choices these are really the only ones that look OK.

If all these choices are just OK then can you suggest some good aviators?

I liked the general look of the Cartiers but not the screws. Seems contrived. They do appear dated to a specific decade but I'll admit that I was unaware of their history.

I can understand your point of them looking contrived but its very hard to get them out of my mind when I see them in the pictures that I have posted although I believe it won't be easy for me to pull them off IRL.

I remember this type of monstrosity from the eighties:

I believe all the permutations and combinations for sunglass design were exhausted in the 80s, now any new sunglass design is some modification to one of those good or bad(like in the picture) designs.