• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

SYQ

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cptjeff
Don't even think about dark shirts if you're ever going to be wearing them with a tie. Just a bad idea unless you have a damn good idea of what you're doing.

French blue is a nice color though. An ecru (light tan) would be good. Striped oxfords and the like can be fun.

So to sum up the advice. Shades of blue, white or ecru and patterns thereof are ok. Everything else is no good for now? Thanks.

mr chorizo

Reaction score
CREPE WEDGE SOLES: Where to Buy?

I'm looking to put a crepe wedge sole a la sanders/mark mcnairy/yuketen on a pair of goodyear welted brown loafers i have, but i have no idea where to source them from. I'm not looking for the dark alden crepe, but for the light tan crepe that the above companies use. thoughts?

mr.orange

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really want a brown shoe (or at least something that comes close) and I've been eyeing this baby for a while.

http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline...ategory=120552

I already own a pair of black Lombards and a pair of the chili randolphs so would the lubbock be a good addition to my shoe collection? My other shoes are a pair of Billy Reid boots and a pair beat up pair of Jack Purcells.

Your humble n00b,

V

krnxbab0

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am currently in Madrid for the summer and saw a shoe brand named Lorenzo Márquez y Gloria Castellano. http://www.zapatoslg.com/Html/princi...oductosIzq.asp

I was wondering if anyone knew anything about their shoes in regards to quality, fit, etc. Also, if anyone knows any cool shoe stores in Madrid I would greatly appreciate it.

-JP

trunks206

Reaction score
Hello SFers Can anyone recommend me a nice navy cotton/chino suit? I have a wedding to go to in a about a month and a half and I was looking to wear something other than wool. (I've been scouting BS, but nothing for a 40R) The only one I can find that is easily accessible is this JCrew suit one, but if anyone else has some other input it would be greatly appreciated. I looking for a slim/trim look but on the timeless side, so not something with razor thin lapels that is more of a fashion type look. I also looked at indochino, but I cant find Navy cotton option. Price range would be around the Jcrew one I guess (400ish) Thanks in advance guys!

sqweegle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sqweegle
I just came across this: Also, Hyperion seems like an interesting brand, anyone have any experience with it?

Quelque'un? There is absolutely no information to be found about this brand. Is it at all obtainable i Europe?

UncleCozy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by trunks206
Hello SFers

Can anyone recommend me a nice navy cotton/chino suit? I have a wedding to go to in a about a month and a half and I was looking to wear something other than wool. (I've been scouting BS, but nothing for a 40R)

The only one I can find that is easily accessible is this JCrew suit one, but if anyone else has some other input it would be greatly appreciated. I looking for a slim/trim look but on the timeless side, so not something with razor thin lapels that is more of a fashion type look.

I also looked at indochino, but I cant find Navy cotton option.

Price range would be around the Jcrew one I guess (400ish)

Thanks in advance guys!

http://threedifferent.com/online-clo...-suits-man.asp

Only a brown one in a 50 though..
confused.gif

ArsenalDan

Reaction score
Consensus re shoes from Barney's private label?

Thanks!

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just got a new suit, and the pants are a few inches too large in the waist. There's also some bunching in the crotch. If I get the waist taken in, should it take care of the crotch issue?

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gibonius
I just got a new suit, and the pants are a few inches too large in the waist. There's also some bunching in the crotch. If I get the waist taken in, should it take care of the crotch issue?

When you bring them to your tailor, I might ask them if they can do anything about the bunching up issue on its own, independent of taking in the waist.

CHECKstar

Reaction score
Belt loops are wearing out on my suit pants - I am going to have to get them fixed. That said is there anything I can do to avoid wear going forward? Note I sit on ****** all day for work.

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
gel-seat-cushion.jpg

BRMC_doves

Reaction score
Does anyone own this Gitman Japanese organic shirt? I would really love to get my hands on the blue version, shown below, in a size small. Not feeling the other colour combos as much.
If someone knows where I can find a shop carrying one (besides woodwood) please PM me. I really would appreciate it, thanks. I would also be open to buying one used if someone would be willing to part with theirs.

2dkgzuu.jpg

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SYQ
So to sum up the advice. Shades of blue, white or ecru and patterns thereof are ok. Everything else is no good for now? Thanks.
Other colors are fine too, just keep them light. But stuff like pinks, yellow and green can be a little more touchy with skintone than blue, white or tans, and are more uncommon in general, so they don't often make a list of basics.
Originally Posted by Jason Smith
My question is related with footwear. As we all know that Reebok has introduced new ReeZig shoes a couple of months ago in the Asian Market. Which colour combination will suite teenage boys more?
May I recommend shoes with a design not based off of quackery and styled for clowns? You're asking on Styleforum. Feel free to give reebok money if you want, but there's no way to make those shoes look good. Hypermodern trainers seem like they're designed to look as ridiculous as possible, because them look over-designed, thus signaling to consumers how awesome and scientific they are, when they really just consist of a sheet of cardboard for the insole, a sheet of thin foam for the footbed, and rubber and foam bits glued in an interesting shape, maybe along with some hard plastic as an outsole. Made in china for 2 bucks and sold for $89.95.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads