1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

It's the truth and we don't care about superficial things like stains and odours. We read poetry all day.

2. dah328

dah328 Senior member

Sorry for the lack of information. haha. i'm very ignorant when it comes to shoes and clothing.
    Anyway, the shoes are ermenegildo zegna couture xxx. I believe they're oxfords. It seems like they were scuffed just enough to discolor the leather. I can't tell a difference in the feel of the scuffed leather and the rest of the shoe. I hope i've given you some useful information. Again, i apologize for my ignorance.

Can you post pictures? That might help.

3. Falcone

Falcone Member

Hey, I know this is what is essentially discussed on the forum. But does anyone have any sites that set out new and classic looks from head to toe, the way that GQ do to an extent and Topman do for the new season?

Im a student so would be more looking at things I could find on the UK High Streets at a reasonable price, but I suppose I could buy the cheaper equivalent anyway.

Im just kind of short of ideas, and need some inspiration.

EDIT: Sorry wrong section, Mods feel free to delete.

4. PPB

PPB Member

It's the truth and we don't care about superficial things like stains and odours. We read poetry all day.

Sigh...I guess I deserved that sarcastic snit. I didn't take the time to properly word the question so I guess I offended your fragile sensibilities.

In no way do I think that generalization of Europeans is accurate. I simply want to know if there are forum members who practice that approach to fashion and how they deal with wardrobe maintenance issues.

Once again, I apologize to anyone who was offended by the post.

5. airportlobby

airportlobby Senior member

Does anyone know of an older store called "Saddles?" I keep finding old OCBDs from this store. What happened to it?

6. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

Sigh...I guess I deserved that sarcastic snit. I didn't take the time to properly word the question so I guess I offended your fragile sensibilities.

In no way do I think that generalization of Europeans is accurate. I simply want to know if there are forum members who practice that approach to fashion and how they deal with wardrobe maintenance issues.

Once again, I apologize to anyone who was offended by the post.

Not offended. Amused. What more have you often heard?

7. NightSky72

NightSky72 New Member

I have an annoying problem related to finding clothing. I am a very small, slim individual (5' 4'') and am trying to find a nice winter coat. I'm not keen on specific terms, but I'm trying to upgrade my wardrobe a bit and have been looking into "pea coats". However, a SMALL is even too large for me. I turned to shopping online to actually find smalls in what I want, but I've been seeing sizes such as "regular". How am I supposed to shop being such a small individual? I understand that alterations will probably be necessary. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions.

8. JeffR

JeffR Well-Known Member

Where did this [​IMG] icon come from? Where can I get a desktop size version of this icon?

9. dmash

dmash Senior member

I have an annoying problem related to finding clothing. I am a very small, slim individual (5' 4'') and am trying to find a nice winter coat. I'm not keen on specific terms, but I'm trying to upgrade my wardrobe a bit and have been looking into "pea coats". However, a SMALL is even too large for me. I turned to shopping online to actually find smalls in what I want, but I've been seeing sizes such as "regular". How am I supposed to shop being such a small individual? I understand that alterations will probably be necessary. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions.
    Japanese brands would cater to you while still remaining high in quality with the right brands. In SW&D type clothing, I know some Japanese brands XL is like a slim Medium in US brands.

10. PPB

PPB Member

Not offended. Amused. What more have you often heard?

Well, I'm glad I amused you as opposed to offending you (no sarcasm meant). Your question would lead me to believe otherwise but in either case can we just move on? I joined the forum to get some insight on fashion and I'm not interested in engaging in casual banter about other topics.

11. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

You're right. Let's get back to the original question.

It is often said the most Europeans hardly ever wash their clothes and have a small wardrobe consisting of 2-3 complete outfits that they would repeatedly wear during the week.

Does anyone share this view of fashion and how do you deal with issues like ring around the collar, bad odor, and fabric deterioration.

12. NightSky72

NightSky72 New Member

Any specific Japanese brands you suggest, in terms of good quality coats?

13. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Senior member

Does anyone know of an older store called "Saddles?" I keep finding old OCBDs from this store. What happened to it?

From 1986.

- B

14. pistolero

pistolero Senior member

Does Lambswool shrink when washed? I know dry cleaning is preferred, but the piece in question (a cardigan) is washable, and a tad large for me, so I wouldn't mind if it shrunk a bit. Just curious.

Thanks.

15. dmash

dmash Senior member

How do Sutor Mantellassi shoes fit?

16. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Senior member

How do Sutor Mantellassi shoes fit?

The ones that are not your size fit poorly.

- B

17. dmash

dmash Senior member

The ones that are not your size fit poorly. - B
    ........I meant generally speaking....as if I'm an 8.5 on a scale, would I be an 8.5 in Sutors?

18. CunningSmeagol

CunningSmeagol Senior member

........I meant generally speaking....as if I'm an 8.5 on a scale, would I be an 8.5 in Sutors?

There are reviews on STP. I like to read the ones from Conservative, yet Stylish, High-end shoppers, as they tend to know what they are talking about. People like this guy:

19. nakokoro

nakokoro Well-Known Member

I'm sure this is covered somewhere, but I couldn't find it...
    Anyone know of resources that teach on how to shorten (buttondown) shirts? I would like to cut down on current and future expenses, since most shirts tend to be long. Thanks.

20. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

I'm sure this is covered somewhere, but I couldn't find it...
    Anyone know of resources that teach on how to shorten (buttondown) shirts? I would like to cut down on current and future expenses, since most shirts tend to be long. Thanks.

Why not just take it to a tailor? It is like $10.