• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Verniza

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm fairly young and new.

Invested in a pair of moccasins recently and would like some tips on how to take care of it and prevent cracking.

Thank you.

dron

Reaction score
Originally Posted by E,TF
In England Charles Tyrwhitt is selling them at the moment at a reasonable price. I bought a couple and they're pretty good; my only quibble is the blue and white striped CT house lining on the inside of the cuffs, which shows up if you roll them up and is a bit obvious.
thank you. couldn't find one in white though. I guess I should have been more precise.
still need help.

LPatterson

Reaction score
Opinions on these Church's?

zsBLA.jpg

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pollapo
sorry i posted this on the main forum, but need a super quick reply...

I'm about to buy a Navy RLBL 40R online but realized the trouser size will be a 34 waist. I'm normally a 31 waist and wear a 38R but with RLBL i need to size up.

Will a good tailor be able to appropriately reduce the waist size without distorting the design of the pants at a reasonable cost? I'm worried that even if i reduce the waist from a 34 to a 31 the pants will still be fitted for a bigger guy.

I could also live with a 32w, would a 34 --> 31/32 waist reduction be too much?

A tailor can reduce it without a problem

jpc1766

Reaction score
Could anyone please tell me what skin these shoes are made of? Thanks in advance.

smk

Reaction score
What was up with all the people selling incotex pants on here a few years ago?
I bought a pair of incotex from someone here for liek 70bucks.
Back then, I didn't know how much they are retail(400), and just went with the hype and picked up one of those. Were those pants real?(there were many people selling it big batches at a time)
How were they able to obtain and sell those so cheap?? Just curious

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by linds_15
What color pants should NOT be worn with brown shoes?
Black. Anything else can work, depending on the outfit and the shade of the brown.
Originally Posted by AlphaAndTheOmega
Anyone have a suggestion on where to get a cheaper version of the navy striped bar tie (3" width) like the one below: http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...=&sectionsize=
Did you try thetiebar.com? http://www.thetiebar.com/order_page....ptionValueIds= They get pretty good reviews.
Originally Posted by SYQ
Thanks! Any other suggestions?
Don't even think about dark shirts if you're ever going to be wearing them with a tie. Just a bad idea unless you have a damn good idea of what you're doing. French blue is a nice color though. An ecru (light tan) would be good. Striped oxfords and the like can be fun.

Kenneth Cole Haan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LPatterson
Opinions on these Church's?

zsBLA.jpg

Is it worth the $650 price? I heard patent leather is a way to hide inferior leather; but they look good. Worth $100 more than retail C&J?

LPatterson

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kenneth Cole Haan
Is it worth the $650 price? I heard patent leather is a way to hide inferior leather; but they look good. Worth $100 more than retail C&J?

Don't think it's worth the $650, but I was under the (false) impression that they would be discounted.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads