1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Liquidus

Liquidus Senior member

What's the difference? What I want is a small bottle with more than one spray so I can try it a few times.

2. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

That would be a sample, and as my first reply stated, they can be acquired for free at many establishments.

When i re-read your post, i wanted to make sure you were not asking about buying a tester bottle online (which is the bottle on display you get to spray in stores).

Hope that clears up everything, hunting for samples is a hobby of mine, happy hunting my friend :D

3. cliche

cliche Senior member

I think i will go with the double monks but before, what do you all think about these? Or its not the right season to buy those?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  4. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Senior member

I own a pair of Cavendish. My color of suede is a shade or two lighter than that but they are excellent shoes and have a much more approachable last than the 348. For me they are way more versatile than double monks. Then again I have a far more trad/preppy style, so I love tassel loafers.

5. cliche

cliche Senior member

But these loafers are maybe not the perfect time to use now in this ''winter'' ? Or they it doesnt matter what time in year you can use them?

6. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

Keep, return, or size down? It's J Crew lambswool and I'm most concerned with the bunching under the armpits. Am I being hypersensitive?

[​IMG]

7. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

Sweater looks bigger than I'd like, but I don't have a stomach to worry about. Next size down might emphasize that too much for your comfort.

8. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

I don't have a stomach either, that's part of the problem [​IMG] It creates these folds under the arms that swoop down and make it look like I have a belly. Anyway, that about settles it these are going back. I had the same issue with their merino vnecks.

9. XKxRome0ox

XKxRome0ox Senior member

hmm
    either get that thing tailored or just return it
    because it makes you look like you have quite a potbelly underneath

10. ctk7

ctk7 Active Member

Does anyone know how to avoid getting stained socks when wearing leather shoes (particularly new ones)? And I don't mean just transference from recently waxes shoes. Often times it's from the leather inside that I've noticed stains.

Thanks

11. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

Yikes, yeah, size down then.

I've noticed pretty erratic sizing with J Crew sweaters, anywhere from a medium to an XL fits me.

12. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Senior member

I wear suede year round. I will admit the color gets the darker the colder it gets (i.e. I am more likely to wear sand colored in summer, snuff in fall, chocolate in winter, etc) but I think it's a versatile enough color you shouldn't fret.

13. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

I think it's the way the armholes are placed and it may be due to my chest or something but their sweaters just don't fit me. It's a shame because it's nice wool and I got them for $45 a piece. C'est la vie. I'll just stick with BB sweaters which fit me a lot better.

14. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

Suede is great in fall and winter, just be sure not to wear them in the snow.

15. cliche

cliche Senior member

I think ill go with the loafers man because i think they look mutch more nicer then the double monks!

16. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

If you really don't have a stomach, definitely size down at least. Personally, I'd return it. Never been happy with any of J. Crew's sweaters. They're "in good company" ones may be better, don't know, but their own always feel cheap to me.

17. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

I think it's a structural issue so I'm just going to return them and continue my quest for clothing that fits! I have a BB sweater that fits perfectly but they don't make a lambswool sweater in staple colors.

18. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Senior member

I don't think the shipping is free, but you can get tester-sized decants of hundreds of different fragrances from The Perfumed Court.

19. Liquidus

Liquidus Senior member

Thanks for the suggestions. Shipping is $5 or $6 at Perfumed Court which is too much for a $3 tester bottle.

20. dmbp

dmbp Well-Known Member

Looking for a loafer similar to this:

[​IMG]

In a shade of brown, doesn't have to be suede.

Any suggestions?