Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. golfnutter66

golfnutter66 Well-Known Member

How prone to wrinkling are cotton Corneliani ID jackets? Thanks!

2. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

3. payoffwizard

payoffwizard Member

I'd just like an opinion on the fit of this shirt... from what you can see of course. These are the best fitting shirts I've found off the rack so far within my budget, it's not in my head is it? Haha. [​IMG] Don't mind the tie. I know it's heinous. Probably late 90s-ish Giorgio Armani. [​IMG]

4. mr.orange

mr.orange Senior member

^^^ shirt fits pretty well. the tie though...it's hard to ignore! [​IMG]

5. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

^^^ shirt fits pretty well. the tie though...it's hard to ignore! [​IMG]

I'm going to have to strongly disagree. Too much fabric everywhere. I see shoulder overhang and sleeves cut too wide.

6. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

Are store branded suits (Bloomingdale, Sak's, etc.) by Canali actually Canali suits?

Anyone? Thanks

7. sqweegle

sqweegle Well-Known Member

8. mjphillips

mjphillips Senior member

What is the usual delivery time for bespoke Ambrosi pants?

Thank you.

- B

They only deliver in years in which one can see Haley's comet. Part of their charm.

9. JamesX

JamesX Senior member

10. Scotty

Scotty Senior member

I posted this picture of me wearing a suit in the WAYWRN and the guys answer that there are too many things wrong to start with it so... as I need advice and don't want to insist over there, though about posting it here for critic.
    I can see (now) that the coat looks big in the chest area and the panst are long. The shirt is really too big for my actual size (I lost a lot of weight after buying it) though it's been tailored so I know I need a new one.
    Something else I can't see ?
    Should I have the coat tailored or is too big for that?
    I still like the tie so please don't tell me it's wrong, too [​IMG]

Thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Gene Parmesan

Gene Parmesan Active Member

I posted this picture of me wearing a suit in the WAYWRN and the guys answer that there are too many things wrong to start with it so... as I need advice and don't want to insist over there, though about posting it here for critic.
    I can see (now) that the coat looks big in the chest area and the panst are long. The shirt is really too big for my actual size (I lost a lot of weight after buying it) though it's been tailored so I know I need a new one.

Thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

At a guess: shoulders a bit too wide, button-point a bit too high, jacket a little bit too long, trousers far too long. It's not that bad though, is it?

12. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

I'm going to have to strongly disagree. Too much fabric everywhere. I see shoulder overhang and sleeves cut too wide.

agreed, body seems ok, but shoulders and arms are to billowy- bulk up my man. ditch.........the............tie............now

Thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

im not the expert but it seems the pants are a bit long and baggy in the crotch, the jacket sleeves a bit short and the button stance is funny, the jacket just looks off (this could because of how you are standing, good pics are hard to get) and possibly too long. sorry bro it comes from love.

13. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

I have 2 questions...

(1) what is the best fabric to make a suit out of that is conducive for south Florida weather?

(2) how much fabric is needed to make a pair of trousers for someone with a 44-46 waistline?

Linen, cotton, silk.

Depends on inseam, but probably a little over 2 yards. Get 2.5 to be safe.

14. golfnutter66

golfnutter66 Well-Known Member

agreed, body seems ok, but shoulders and arms are to billowy- bulk up my man. ditch.........the............tie............now

im not the expert but it seems the pants are a bit long and baggy in the crotch, the jacket sleeves a bit short and the button stance is funny, the jacket just looks off (this could because of how you are standing, good pics are hard to get) and possibly too long. sorry bro it comes from love.

Jacket length is fine. Any shorter and it wont cover your rear and you will look ridiculous. Sleeves are a bit too short.

15. JamesX

JamesX Senior member

Jacket length is fine. Any shorter and it wont cover your rear and you will look ridiculous. Sleeves are a bit too short.

I think the jacket is about an inch too long. Could just be bad posture though.