Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. onix

onix Senior member

Anyone have a clue as to what brand these boots might be? I can't find a thing on them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

100% Crockett & Jones.

2. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

Thinking of getting this SC. Wondering what color of trousers would go with it besides dark grey. How would cream trousers look ?

[​IMG]

Fine, I think. Blue shirt.

3. Farside

Farside Member

I lost some weight over the past year and my off the rack dress shirts are pretty baggy now. It is worth getting them tailored, or should I just go bespoke? Which would need to be done piecemeal, as my clothing budget is limited.

4. officeboy

officeboy Senior member

I lost some weight over the past year and my off the rack dress shirts are pretty baggy now. It is worth getting them tailored, or should I just go bespoke? Which would need to be done piecemeal, as my clothing budget is limited.

Limited budget = Alterations/Tailoring, as long as the neck is still in the right range.

5. onix

onix Senior member

Alteration. Another option for the limited budget would be online MTM.

6. P. Bateman

P. Bateman Senior member

A tiny speck of food fell on my shoe leaving a dab of oil. How can I remove this?

7. jaitaras

jaitaras Active Member

Are sleeve sizes for jackets and shirts measured the same way?
    For example, when I buy shirts from brooks brothers i buy 16.5/33 (neck/sleeve i assume).
    Would that mean that I would be wanting a suit jacket that had 32.5 or so sleeves?

I feel confused because I see lots of jackets for sale on this website (in the for sale part of the forum) that mention size 24 and 24 sleeves. Am I missing something here, or are those just for people with shorter arms than me?

Thanks!

8. officeboy

officeboy Senior member

Are sleeve sizes for jackets and shirts measured the same way? For example, when I buy shirts from brooks brothers i buy 16.5/33 (neck/sleeve i assume). Would that mean that I would be wanting a suit jacket that had 32.5 or so sleeves? I feel confused because I see lots of jackets for sale on this website (in the for sale part of the forum) that mention size 24 and 24 sleeves. Am I missing something here, or are those just for people with shorter arms than me? Thanks!
    [​IMG] Vs .[​IMG] (The D line on the jacket)

9. jaitaras

jaitaras Active Member

Thank you, I didn't even think to attack my question from that (what should have been obvious) direction. Appreciate it officeboy.

10. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

11. Gauss17

Gauss17 Senior member

So after reading every post I could find about shoe trees, I am...still uncertain. A great deal of people seem to like the woodlore epics, but there have been some complains of poor fit or stretching. I am a TTS 11.5 or 11 in barrie last and need to buy shoe trees for the new shoes. As alden and C&J (for polo) do not offer lasted trees and I am stuck with the RTW options. My concern is that the shoe trees will cause poor fit of the shoe over time and would like to get the shoe trees right the first time around (I know a lot to ask). I have basically narrowed it down to the following as the size cut-off points put an 11.5 around the middle of the sizing, which seemed the most logical. I am was particularly trying to stay away from being on the low (i.e. shoe tree being slightly too big). This: http://www.cedarvillestore.com/p-14-...shoe-tree.aspx or this: http://www.bexley.com/Bexley/shoe-Em...Referrer=12141 or even: http://www.shoeandfootcare.com/pc/10...-p102-001.html The bexleys are likely a pain to order, but they offer actual sizes. Am I over thinking this?

12. Farside

Farside Member

Alteration. Another option for the limited budget would be online MTM.
    What are the more reasonable MTM dress shirt makers?

13. Gauss17

Gauss17 Senior member

14. perpetua

perpetua Senior member

Why does the button on my pants always sag below my belt? And why does it seem to happen on some pants, but not others? Is this just because the waist is too big? Or does it have something to do with the rise?

15. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

100% Crockett & Jones.
    You sir, are a footwear identifying machine and don't think for a minute that your skills are not appreciated. Many thanks! Now, since I am obviously unfamiliar with footwear of this type, I'd like to inquire as to their purpose. Foul weather gear? Or perhaps there's a fashion aspect to them of which I am currently unaware. All advice and assistance in this matter is greatly appreciated. BTW, is the Dainite preferable to the Goodyear?