Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

We all know Navy Pants are versatile when it comes to shoe colors.

But what about Navy Shoes? What color does it go well with?

I have been seriously considering picking up a pair of AE Navy shoes but I can't figure this out either. I think they would go well with a darker khaki or brown maybe? Light khaki pants wouldn't work in my opinion.

Try this one. It's a work in progress. You can skip all the initial palaver at the top of the first post and get straight to the good stuff.

I LOVE this word.

2. Joemero

Joemero Member

What do you all think about these shoes Florsheim Imperial ?
    I have a $100 store credit at Mens Wearhouse and thought these might be a good buy. I havent owned Florsheims before, and am not certain about the slightly square toe. I would wear these with suits.

Thanks

3. IsteRed

IsteRed Senior member

Hai everyone,is there a site where you can order suit/jacket fabrics online?I want to get a bespoke jacket but i don't like fabrics my tailor has and i can't find anything decent in here,so do sites like that exist?And does anyone have any experience with quality?

4. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Senior member

Hai everyone,is there a site where you can order suit/jacket fabrics online?I want to get a bespoke jacket but i don't like fabrics my tailor has and i can't find anything decent in here,so do sites like that exist?And does anyone have any experience with quality?

Huddersfield Fine Worsteds Ltd

5. StephenHero

StephenHero Black Floridian

I need a solid navy grenadine tie that's at least 60". Anybody know where?

6. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

^
    Sam Hober?

7. IsteRed

IsteRed Senior member

8. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

9. Booter

Booter Senior member

10. isaiahjohn

isaiahjohn New Member

I may get flamed for this but I need to know where to search for the most comfortable pair of dress shoes, preferibly cordovan in color for around $200.00. Any good brands would help. Websites that sell your suggestions, etc... thanks.

11. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

I may get flamed for this but I need to know where to search for the most comfortable pair of dress shoes, preferibly cordovan in color for around $200.00. Any good brands would help. Websites that sell your suggestions, etc... thanks.

Allen Edmonds are readily available in that price range, and offer good value for the price.

12. Imhoff

Imhoff Senior member

Wondering what sort of knot works best for knit ties. Is it FOH? Something else?

13. payoffwizard

payoffwizard Member

How's the quality of tiebar.com ties? I'm looking for cheaper ties as my budget prevents me from spending $75+ per tie, as much as I feel I should build with hogh quality staples.

14. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

How's the quality of tiebar.com ties? I'm looking for cheaper ties as my budget prevents me from spending $75+ per tie, as much as I feel I should build with hogh quality staples.
    Google the local thrift stores in your area. If you visit them once a week, in about a month, you'll be up to your collar in Brooks Brothers, Liberty of London, Zenga, and with a little luck, perhaps a Borelli or Brioni to cap it off. Usually 2 bucks each but sometimes 3 or 4. Try to stick to simple, classic designs and moderate widths.

15. ultimaz

ultimaz New Member

Does this outfit work? Charcoal stripe suit with oxford blue striped shirt and navy bow tie. Stripes are of different widths and spacing. Thanks in advance.