Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Barnabus

Barnabus Senior member

I know hugo boss gets crapped on here[​IMG] but i was curious about the quality of their dress pants? I'm getting out bid on almost all the Zanellas on ebay so i'm thinking of giving a pair or two of boss a try. Anyone have any input?

2. Booter

Booter Senior member

3. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

Yesterday I went to a NM Last Call that was a bit farther out that my local Last Call Studio. I came across an Oxxford Suit (not my size but nothing like a 60L or anything) for $1800. A Cornelani (which fit like a glove for about $800 a Zenga for about $1500 and a Kiton (not really my style) for about $2100. Is this typical for a Last Call or did I stumble across the mother of all Last Calls?

4. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

Ivory cotton trouser, black leather belt, black loafer. What color sock? (assume sock is required)

Ivory, or similar shade.

5. patrickBOOTH

I know hugo boss gets crapped on here[​IMG] but i was curious about the quality of their dress pants? I'm getting out bid on almost all the Zanellas on ebay so i'm thinking of giving a pair or two of boss a try. Anyone have any input?

No, Incotex, Mabitex or Epaulet.

6. swagger

swagger Member

Ivory, or similar shade.

On a scale of 1 to 10 how dumb should I feel wearing black socks atm? [​IMG]

7. patrickBOOTH

On a scale of 1 to 10 how dumb should I feel wearing black socks atm? [​IMG]

If I saw it I wouldn't think twice because the masses generally match socks to shoes when they should be matching them to pants. You could have gone the other way and wore red, or royal blue socks, green socks, or whatever to just give the finger to the whole matchy matchy clan.

8. TRA8324

TRA8324 Senior member

9. patrickBOOTH

Think these ties would look good with a british khaki colored linen suit? The ties are linen as well.

http://s7.landsend.com/is/image/Land...3364&id=lF8q62

I think I would do the green with a blue shirt or the red with a white shirt.

Sounds good to me.

10. ArsenalDan

ArsenalDan Senior member

How do J+M Aristocrafts fit versus Allen Edmonds Last #5 (Park Ave, McAllister, Fifth Ave, etc)?

I'm a 10D in Last #5 but a 10.5 on the Brannock....

11. Cant kill da Rooster

Cant kill da Rooster Senior member

They are ok. I bought a pair on sale last year and they weren't lined. Quality still seems a bit low for the price I paid ($160) but if you get them from Ebay, I doubt you will be overpaying.

12. ElJaguario

ElJaguario Member

Where can I get a decent suit in 34R? my budget is 1.5k

13. Booter

Booter Senior member

14. waarior

waarior Member

How do you search the buy sell forum? For example 42r, gives no results. But a search for +42r and navy will give results for both navy and 42r; not for posts where both terms appear. Searching "42r navy" only gives results where the two terms are next to each other. What search connectors am I missing? Thanks in advance.

15. Gauss17

Gauss17 Senior member

I need to get a belt to match #8 Alden PTBs, and it would appear that the only belt that really matches it is the cordovan belts from (surprise) Alden. There are two sizes 35 and 30, which are clearly the more casual and dress belt respectively. I would really prefer to only have to buy one belt at ~$240 a pop, so can I get away with one or the other for both a suit and jeans? I was thinking I might be able to get away with just the 35mm as on AE's website they list it as a "35mm dress belt" and the fact that I am a bigger guy (6' 4", ~200 lbs).