1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. scypticalchymist

scypticalchymist Active Member

Does anyone know where I can find snoseal in Toronto? I can order from Amazon, but shipping is $13!

2. Lionheart Biker

Lionheart Biker Senior member

I´ll post some pics in tomorrow and let you judge it then.

3. L.R.

L.R. Senior member

I recently came across a great double breasted navy pinstriped suit. Unfortunately the pants are ill fitting, and I'm left with just the jacket. Normally this would be discarded or given away, but I just can't bring myself to do it. It fits perfectly (which is incredibly hard with me), has a trim cut, and generally, could make an a great sport coat. Now, can I do this? It basically has everything working against this (double breasted, peaked collar, pinstripes...at least it's a great navy), but the fit and look do seem to work. I'm a young guy in the creative industry, so perhaps I can pull it off... or am I just deluding myself?

4. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

Can't say anything about the brand or quality, but it looks good to me. If the fit is okay, I'd say: get it. Water proof too, right?

Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
  5. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

If the trou can't be tailored, donate it. Sometimes the best edits are the most painful.

6. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Senior member

If you have to ask...

7. MinnesotaNice

MinnesotaNice Well-Known Member

Which suit is better for a med school interview?
    Charcoal with muted pinstripes or solid medium gray?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

Go with the medium grey, you look more approachable / likeable.

9. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

With that style suit go with the charcoal. It looks less like a costume and up the formality.

10. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

Charcoal fits you better in the sleeves.

11. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

Stupid question, but how does sizing work for a work coat. If I wear a 42R should I buy a 44R since I may be wearing a suit jacket underneath some of the time?

12. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

No.

13. rubbishtheory

rubbishtheory Senior member

Hi
    Labels pictured below from an Italian made Harrods sports jacket - do any of you recognize the labels? I'd love to know who made this for Harrods.

All the best

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

15. Trinitrogen Oxide

Trinitrogen Oxide Active Member

I've switched from using kiwi to a quality cream on my boots, but in the process of getting used to how much to apply now, I've definitely over done it. Now a bit of the color will transfer to a white towel. I've tried rubbing them down pretty vigorously to get all the excess off, but still there's just a little bit. Is there anything that can be done?

16. acecow

acecow Senior member

You're most likely a 15 and BR Slim Fit Med doesn't fit you at all. Speaking out of experience, as we're almost identical in height and weight. I also thought that BR Slim Fit Med fit me well. I bought 15.5 TM Lewin shirts and they were too big. Get size 15 and thank me later.

17. Omar1223

Omar1223 Senior member

anyone have a good book or reference to read about the basics of tailoring/cloth?

for example, i have no idea what minnis is or mohair and such. i want to learn and am looking for a credible recommended reference to learn from.

thanks so much.

18. Tyler2106

Tyler2106 Active Member

I'm looking for a topcoat in the $300 range. What do you guys suggest? I'm looking for the long style coat as I would be wearing this to cover up my suits.

19. L.R.

L.R. Senior member

That's the thing, a couple friends think it looks amazing on me. Unfortunately, these are the same friends that buy 20 dollar jeans. I wouldn't even be asking if styleforum hadn't indoctrinated me into the group think.... I'm still recovering from "no black shoes with navy".

It may end going that way. It will hurt.

Thanks for the help guys.