Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. persianprince

persianprince Member

brown captoe

x2

2. persianprince

persianprince Member

Captoe. I think plain toes are too formal for most cases.

For sport coats and odd trousers, you should be going for brown/burgundy with an even more casual design. I like perforated toes.

Yes, i agree this is a bit too formal as well. Great suggustion.

3. Ike

Ike Senior member

I have a cheap sport coat from H&M that fits me very well but the shoulders are for more structured than I'd like them to be. Would a tailor be willing to take out the padding for a softer, more casual fit?
    Yes, I had it done on an older suit I still wanted to be serviceable.

4. anxiouscowboy

anxiouscowboy Active Member

Anything that looks good with tan shoes? I'd pair them with lighter-colored jeans.

So are brogue boots strictly a casual boot? What else looks good with tan shoes?

5. kellgy

kellgy Senior member

Do they look at you funny when you go into the bank like that?

Meanwhile, congrats on the buck thirty! I dropped a c-note myself last year and then backslid by ten pounds over the holidays. It's coming back off as we speak though. <sigh>

Only when my underwear doesn't match the socks. [​IMG]

Yeah, its hard keeping it off. Good luck, you'll be back down in no time.

6. JGlaze

JGlaze New Member

Are there any stores in NYC that carry Carmina shoes? Many thanks in advance.

7. stilskin

stilskin New Member

I've got a slightly shiny, I believe good quality , Jos Bank Signature gold, light gray, almost silver sport coat. Similar in color to the one posted here:http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=230010. I have very nice, very dark brown/chocolate pants that match the sheen of the jacket but at that point I'm stuck. Can I go with a black, Jos aboud "Joseph" slightly textured dress shoe -2 eye hole lace up, and if so what color shirt? Prefer no tie if possible, but I'm flexible.

Thanks in advance. This is the first time I've posted anything anywhere.

8. southbound35

southbound35 Senior member

I've got a slightly shiny, I believe good quality , Jos Bank Signature gold, light gray, almost silver sport coat. Similar in color to the one posted here:http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=230010. I have very nice, very dark brown/chocolate pants that match the sheen of the jacket but at that point I'm stuck. Can I go with a black, Jos aboud "Joseph" slightly textured dress shoe -2 eye hole lace up, and if so what color shirt? Prefer no tie if possible, but I'm flexible.

Thanks in advance. This is the first time I've posted anything anywhere.

Don't wear black shoes with brown pants.

I'd wear a white, blue, or lavender (or some combination thereof) shirt with that jacket and brown pants.

9. UncleCozy

UncleCozy Senior member

Why would a company create a fused sport coat in super 150's? Baffles my mind! (Pretty certain that it is fused, company's name is &quot;Raoul&quot;.) Worth a purchase? 20$ at a thrift store.

10. AndyH1818

AndyH1818 New Member

Need a little advice here: I'm attending a croquet match (yes, croquet) and the style for everyone is generally an older Great Gatsby-esque theme. Lots of colorful ties and ridiculous dresses and the like. I am about 6 foot 2 inches and I need some ideas on what to wear. Any thoughts? Thanks.

11. dieselman89

dieselman89 Senior member

Will it ruin the interior of the shoe if I wear my AE Strands without socks? I want the no sock look but don't own socks that cut that low.

12. smarcus3

smarcus3 Member

Will it ruin the interior of the shoe if I wear my AE Strands without socks? I want the no sock look but don't own socks that cut that low.

I don't think so I wear my Bostonians often without socks. The only thing is sometimes the shoes tend to stick a little bit to my feet.

13. enigma77

enigma77 Senior member

Anyone know where in NYC or online I can find a solid white silk or broadcloth pocket square? Looking for something relatively inexpensive.

14. Miha28

Miha28 Active Member

I spotted a nice trench coat in a vintage shop. It has a stain on the back side which looks like a bicycle chain grease/lube stain. Is it possible to clean this stain (without damaging the coat if possible)?

15. Ike

Ike Senior member

Mocc socks or gold bond - just sprinkle a bit in first to absorb the moisture.