Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

They are very ugly.

2. ricknick80

ricknick80 Member

What do think of these Gucci shoes?? would they go with jeans
    [​IMG]

3. videocrew

videocrew Senior member

So they're penny loafers with an awkwardly thick rubber sole? Get some Aldens.

4. johnnyhooks

johnnyhooks Well-Known Member

What do think of these Gucci shoes?? would they go with jeans

I personally would only buy them to make a profit and would never wear them.

5. amadar

amadar Senior member

I'm not a fan of the turned-up toe

6. Kiwi Man

Kiwi Man Senior member

I personally would only buy them to make a profit and would never wear them.

How can you make a profit out of these shoes?

Are these shoes currently on sales somewhere? If so, where?

7. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

I'm not a fan of the turned-up toe
    +1. These look good though. I would wear 'em

8. Trompe le Monde

Trompe le Monde Senior member

Actually it was the camera. Thanks for the useful post. You've really been useful today.
    camera doesnt control your compositiom which provides 0 context (e.g. proportion) and it certainly doesnt improve your hygiene as evidenced

9. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Should also mention that I would not pay more than $100

10. false

false Senior member

Is there a specific "critique my suit thread"? Because that would be really useful. I'll edit my post if I've missed it. I was told by SuitSelect (Japanese suit store) that my chest is too thick to fit anything OTR from the entry level salaryman suit shops so I tried United Arrows. The suit looks beautiful from the front, feels perfectly fitted, not too tight or too loose... but this back picture looks strange(also, my head came out enormous). Do I have bizarre proportions or is this cut not for me? Also: -What are the striations on the shoulders in the back pick and should I be able to see them? -Should I be worried about the dimples in the shoulder head in the side view? I was under the impression dimples are bad [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Wool / mohair blend, canvassed 48 ~$800. I'm 5'7, ~156

11. runsurfswim

runsurfswim Active Member

Hi, I'm a law student. My only legit suits are a Jaeger from highschool (pinstripe) and another pinstripe I picked up at goodwill for a halloween costume (Giorgio Giorelli--worth tailoring?). The Jaeger feels heavy, and I wonder if it's appropriate for interviews. hell, i have not clue what's appropriate for interviews.

everyone here is far better dressed than I am, and better funded. so what would you recommend for when I need to start looking sharp this summer, assuming I get employed in this terrible market?

Thanks guys.

12. pvrhye

pvrhye Senior member

Newbie question: Does the jacket covering-your-butt rule really apply if you have short legs?

Maybe not, but if you break a rule, you better have good discretion.

(By the way, I'm digging the aggressive moderation with moving topics to this thread.)

13. KVH

KVH Member

Hey everyone, I'm a little OCD so if this seems like no big deal to you, please let me know so I can rest easy or if it is a big deal, let me know so I can get it fixed... I recently purchased a MTM suit from Harry Rosen and I'm very happy with it except for a small "pill" or "break" in a thread of fabric within the body of the wool suit. The suit is navy but there was a white thread of wool that was sticking out from the fabric. It was only about 1/10th of an inch long so I carefully trimmed it off. I guess there was a slight snag of the fabric or a puncture of the fabric during the making of the suit? Here are the pics: A closeup: [​IMG] The following pics will show you how small it is: [​IMG] [​IMG] As you can see, the pill or thread break is very small and not noticeable. However, because this thread is broken from the rest of the fabric weave, I'm worried that that it will be problematic in the future (e.g. will it start coming apart easily, or wear down and the adjacent threads will unravel)? I'm not sure how durable wool is and I don't know anything about fabrics so someone with experience please let me know if this will be a problem. I don't want to take it back to Harry Rosen to get it fixed only to be laughed at for being a crazy person if this is a non-issue. Thanks.

14. pvrhye

pvrhye Senior member

Pretty sure you aren't supposed to cut it.

15. KVH

KVH Member

Pretty sure you aren't supposed to cut it.

Well, having a loose thread like that sticking out would probably make it prone to being snagged and then tearing even more of the fabric no?

Regardless, do you think it's something to worry about or am I letting my OCD get to me?