1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. lee_44106

lee_44106 Distinguished Member

I'm 5'9.

Would this length:

(back) top of collar to bottom: 27"

be too short? Even if I wore it as a blazer?

Are blazers usually worn shorter than if I'd wear it as a full suit?

Yes, too damned short.

Unless you are going with the PeeWee Herman look, or unless you are so grossly disproportional as a 5'9" that you have super short torso and long legs (like a 32"-34" inseam)

2. MalfordOfLondon

MalfordOfLondon Distinguished Member

I'm 5'9.

Would this length:

(back) top of collar to bottom: 27"

be too short? Even if I wore it as a blazer?

Are blazers usually worn shorter than if I'd wear it as a full suit?

That measurement is really short. I'm 5'9 and the shortest measurement (excluding collar) I can get away with on a traditional cut would be 29".

27" including collar would look very short indeed unless you're going for a Thom Browne / Fashion Forward cut.

3. Trompe le Monde

Trompe le Monde Distinguished Member

pls buy a new camera...
    has nothing to do with the camera dude asks about the lenth of a jacket and posts a dark photo in front of a dirty mirror centered around his crotch.... im dumbfounded

4. alliswell

alliswell Distinguished Member

Your tailor will be able to make it up from the picture. You'll have to tell him whether you want shoulder pleats or a box pleat at the back, but that's the same call you'd make on any regular shirt.

5. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Stylish Dinosaur

Is this for a costume party? Why on Earth would you want to dress like a third world dictator?

6. zerostyle

zerostyle Senior Member

Agreed - at 5'9, I find that 29" length (BOC) is the perfect length for me. Even 29.5 looks long. However, I don't think I could go much shorter.

7. Jaggs

Jaggs Senior Member

Sausages sells under sausages234, I believe.

8. zerostyle

zerostyle Senior Member

Question about shoe sizing:

I'm closest to a 9D USA sizes. (Allen Edmonds / J&M / etc). Oddly, Florsheim Imperial is rather long for me in a 9D.

For conversion to UK sizes - some say -0.5, others -1.

Would I most likely be an 8F or 8.5F in Loake1880 / Herring shoes? From one or two other threads I found it seems like they run pretty large and should stick with an 8F.

9. Patek14

Patek14 Senior Member

has nothing to do with the camera

dude asks about the lenth of a jacket and posts a dark photo in front of a dirty mirror centered around his crotch.... im dumbfounded

Actually it was the camera. Thanks for the useful post. You've really been useful today.

10. onix

onix Distinguished Member

Question about shoe sizing:

I'm closest to a 9D USA sizes. (Allen Edmonds / J&M / etc). Oddly, Florsheim Imperial is rather long for me in a 9D.

For conversion to UK sizes - some say -0.5, others -1.

Would I most likely be an 8F or 8.5F in Loake1880 / Herring shoes? From one or two other threads I found it seems like they run pretty large and should stick with an 8F.

I am US 8D on most brands, and Loake 1880 7F was quite snug (yes I read those threads before, that's why I order 7F). After several wears, the shoes form better, but still not as perfectly comfortable as I want. So if you're a "smaller" 9D, get 8F; a "larger" 9D, get 8.5F; a perfect 9D, decides between whether you want to wear thick socks/tongue pad or bring the shoes out for some minor stretching.

11. ricknick80

ricknick80 Member

black loafers and blue jeans, Good or Bad? I thinking of wearing them with a mid to darker blue jean good or bad and whats a good shirt a polo or dress shirt?
    [​IMG]

12. RangerP

RangerP Senior Member

What would be the easiest way to find a DISCOUNTED Canali Milano suit in a 38R...when these are not even available in my City at all...

Feel free to PM me too!

Thanks!

13. Joemero

Joemero Member

Hi everybody, first post here...glad to have found this forum! What's the opinion on Bruno Magli shoes? I saw some in the $396-$495 range on zappos and they look quite nice. Looking at oxfords to wear with suits.

Thanks
    J

14. amadar

amadar Senior Member

terrible lighting? - yes.
    filthy mirror? - yes.
    jacket length too short? - maybe. You need to post pics of your entire body to get a feel if that length works for you

15. amadar

amadar Senior Member

do not wear black shoes, in any style, with blue jeans.