Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. yimmy

yimmy Active Member

Is this a charcoal grenadine tie?

[​IMG]

2. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

Is this a charcoal grenadine tie?[/IMG]

No. These are grenadines:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. yimmy

yimmy Active Member

Those pictures are not showing up JRD. Any idea what type of tie it is. I thought it looked like a smaller weave grenadine. Here is another pic. [​IMG]

4. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

Those pictures are not showing up JRD. Any idea what type of tie it is. I thought it looked like a smaller weave grenadine. Here is another pic.[/IMG]

Just copy and paste the image location. Imageshack is pissed at SF for some reason.

And no, that's not a grenadine tie of any type.

5. dron

dron Senior member

spring's coming here. can you please help me to find a pair of good value critter shorts that are preferrably pleated. available (online) in europe.
    thank you

6. Jacob

Jacob New Member

Hey guys, brand new here and could use some help. I've been looking for these for a while:

[​IMG]

These boots were worn by Sean William Scott in The Rundown a few years ago. I was never really a fan of this film, but I was always interested in these boots that were featured. Brand/style/etc. I've tried like mad to get some information on them off of the internet with no results. Cut to a few days ago where I finally found a site that was auctioning off costumes from various films, including the boots I've been looking for:

http://www.leadingmencollection.com/...87/3953201.htm

Alas, they had already been sold. Apparently there were several pairs used on set, but the site only had one pair to sell. I emailed the company to get more information, but the gentleman who wrote me back informed me that they had been sold several months ago and he was not aware of what brand or style they were. He did not have any other records to look at. So, I figured this was as good a place as any to ask.

I'm hoping from the picture someone here could figure out what brand and style these are. I'd still love to know. Perhaps they're not even made anymore and perhaps I still won't be able to track down a pair to buy, but then information would still be helpful. Thanks.

7. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

8. TRA8324

TRA8324 Senior member

Does anyone use Saphir Renovateur on their shell cordovan? It has mink oil in it and i've heard differing reports when it comes to using mink oil on shell cordovan. Should I just stick with wax polish for now since my shell shoes are less than 6 months old?

9. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

Prada jacket
    Brioni shirt
    Barneys pant
    Zegna belt
    Brioni socks
    Gucci penny loafers
    Creed cologne
    Concord watch

10. officeboy

officeboy Senior member

Prada jacket
    Brioni shirt
    Barneys pant
    Zegna belt
    Brioni socks
    Gucci penny loafers
    Creed cologne
    Concord watch

If that's a question then yes, you probably do look silly.

11. onix

onix Senior member

If that's a question then yes, you probably do look silly.

[​IMG] newb

12. officeboy

officeboy Senior member

I understand WAYWRN but just listing off your brands seems way too high school. And as far as I can tell is no real indication of what you actually wore, or more importantly how you looked, except that maybe it means someone might have spent a bunch of money on clothes.

When I see these posts I have a mental picture of some guy who's been thrifting Goodwill and has collected designer stuff and looks like the picture attached below.

And since this is the internet it's probably just some guy in his sweats anyway.
    [​IMG]

13. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

Hey guys, brand new here and could use some help. I've been looking for these for a while:

These boots were worn by Sean William Scott in The Rundown a few years ago. I was never really a fan of this film, but I was always interested in these boots that were featured. Brand/style/etc. I've tried like mad to get some information on them off of the internet with no results. Cut to a few days ago where I finally found a site that was auctioning off costumes from various films, including the boots I've been looking for:

I don't know the specific maker of those boots, but they are lineman or logger boots. Wesco and Red Wing both make good versions.

http://www.westcoastshoe.com/wesco/stock2010.asp

http://www.redwingshoes.com/footwear/filter-Logger

14. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Senior member

^Chippewa is another possibility. I concur that they are logger boots. If you want your boots to look like those when they are beat up, you might want to buy boots which are too long for your feet.

15. Atleee

Atleee Senior member

Im on the lookout for a knitted tie, and have seen some at £10. I assume they are made of polyester. Am I buying a tie that is not as nice as wool/silk, or am I buying pure garbage? I wear a tie approx 20-30 times a year, so it will not be worn every third day.