1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. BlacKidLA

BlacKidLA Senior member

Alright, cool thanks a lot! Also, what do you mean by asking Allen Edmonds for "Seconds"?

2. cptjeff

cptjeff Senior member

Second quality. Usually shoes with minor defects, though many here have bought them only to find absolutely nothing wrong, which actually seems to be the dominant experience. They're sold at a discount, of course.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2011
  3. bglynn

bglynn Member

does anyone know where i can find the brand Brooksfield in the us? i have only been able to find it in italy

4. utexas

utexas Well-Known Member

I don't think AE will be discontinuing these anytime soon. You could call them directly (although, it is better to get sized in person). You could also order them online at Nordstroms and Amazon.

5. ironduke

ironduke Senior member

I am planning to buy some Zara shirts on sale. Should I size up 0.5 inches for neck shrinking or go to a normal size?

6. mkm88414

mkm88414 Member

I attempted to start a thread and it said it went to the mods for review

1 - Is there any notification when (if) it gets approved?
    2 - What are the conditions for an acceptable thread?
    3 - How long do I have to be a member before I can start threads freely?
    4 - How long does it typically take to approve a thread?

Last edited: Aug 1, 2011
  7. dnfuss

dnfuss Member

I love mine. They are IMHO the best summer pjs going. I have four pair, two white and two blue, but they're really beginning to show their age. I'd like to get more, but money's tight and they've gone up to $135 a pair! If I knew who made them maybe I could find them for less, but I have no idea. Maus & Hoffman have them made for them with no manufacturer name, RN number, etc., they just say "Made in USA." So OK, here they are:

http://www.mausandhoffmanonline.com...mh&Product_Code=10M00&Category_Code=Sleepwear

Who makes them?

8. hpreston

hpreston Senior member

I am going to be in Las Vegas for work (seriously) and have never been. Are there any must seek out shopping venues?

Also (I know not MC related) any must not miss restaruants??

9. BlacKidLA

BlacKidLA Senior member

Wondering where I can get a simple and classic gold watch with a black leather band. ~$100-250

Last edited: Aug 1, 2011
  10. theDGA

theDGA Member

Anybody know which brand this is?

[​IMG]

11. easy_golfing

easy_golfing Senior member

just bought the cliftons, they seem to squeak when i walk... do they need breaking in, or is something wrong?

12. notfortheweak

notfortheweak Active Member

I've been looking at cufflinks on ebay and some of them say they have "gold fronts." What does that mean? (A google search for "gold fronts" leads to a lot of pictures of blinged out teeth and not much else.)

13. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Senior member

Could mean anything. I guess 'fronts' refers to the front part of the cuff-link, as opposed to the bar on the rear side, so would imply that the whole front part is gold. Since it's eBay though it's debatable whether it means actual gold or just 'gold-coloured'.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2011
  14. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

It depends on where the squeak is coming from. It could be a lot of things.

15. patrickBOOTH

No, just wash in cold water and hang dry. Stretch the collar when you iron and you should be ok.

16. antikantian

antikantian Senior member

17. patrickBOOTH

Looks nice, it is very neutral, I would say it would go with almost anything.

18. Avocat

Avocat Senior member

Nice pilot strap, though kinda different on a navy-style dial. As to the brand of watch, hard to say definitively, given that there are no identifying marks on the dial or strap presumably. Do you know what movement is in the case and/or anything else about the watch? COULD be a Laco Navy though I doubt it, since Laco (Lacher & Co., Germany) brands its dials, apart from some of their flieger line that is (namely, b/c they've "re-issued" modern fliegers based on those which they actually made during WW2, Laco being one of only five official suppliers of flieger b-uhr to the luftwaffe; that said, their navy line is branded). See for e.g., https://shop.laco.de/en/Navy-Watches.html

Whilst it's possible I suppose that Laco did a special project navy-line w/o the branding (they sometimes do special, custom made projects), it's more likely that the watch is made by somebody else, either a copy or, perhaps, a custom job by a small maker perhaps? Without more information--in particular, what's inside the case/the movement, which should be signed IMO--it's impossible to say for certain, there being many replicas as well as custom-watch makers out there, some of the them quite reputable (i.e., custom watch makers), but others not so much, at all (think i.e. china, etc.). Do you know anything about the movement, etc. (note: a watch is comprised of both a design and a movement, in my op.)? Are you considering this watch--i.e., is there one physically on sale somewhere that you are thinking about purchasing? If so, get more info--and remember, what's inside counts. Hope this helps.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2011
  19. Avocat

Avocat Senior member

Try e-bay, where you *might* find a vintage available for auction, though solid gold? You know the price of the ounce these days, right? ;) That's okay, though: at that price, I'm thinking a Movado quartz w/ the Museum dial ... classic "gold look" case w/ the 12 o'clock dot on black dial, on a black leather strap. Iconic.

20. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Senior member

+1. That is an interesting jacket for sure though. It appears seer sucker at first and yet is 100% wool. I'm sure you're not gonna find another one so if you like it I say get it. I really like the buttons too.