Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. skokiekid

skokiekid Active Member

Hi Guys,

Need your opinions on the below:

http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages/...0,0,0&format=0

It is a 2011 Zegna Soft. Real or fake? Thoughts?

[​IMG]

The cloth is from Zegna but the suit is not made by Zegna. Many people mistakenly interpret the material to mean that it is a Zegna suit. A "real" 2011 suit by Zegna would have a different label.

The other poster is correct---Zegna Soft hasn't been made in more than a decade. You may be thinking of Z Zegna which is a trendier, less expensive, and less well-made line of Zegna. The Z Zegna line of suits is fused as yours probably is.

2. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

The Z Zegna line of suits is fused as yours probably is.

So is (was) Zegna Soft, at least this one.

3. XKxRome0ox

XKxRome0ox Senior member

4. fungz0r

fungz0r Senior member

What is the sizing like for AE shoes? I'm thinking of picking up a pair of strands and park avenues

5. dah328

dah328 Senior member

6. cptjeff

cptjeff Senior member

What is the sizing like for AE shoes? I'm thinking of picking up a pair of strands and park avenues

Pretty true to size. The 5 last, which the PA is on, runs somewhat long and narrow. Not sure on the strands, but I think they have a last guide on their site.

7. ewc

ewc Active Member

So I thought I'd get a suit made up on a recent trip to Hong Kong late last year. I walked into the store, armed with most of the basics this forum dishes out to newbies. I opened my mouth to speak to the guy, and...the next thing I knew, I was back in my hotel room with a suit bag hanging in the closet. Supposedly, ten days had passed. And, supposedly, a couple of fittings as well.

How did I do? Besides the jacket sleeves, I can't help but shake the feeling it's a little too boxy. Maybe something about the quarters being too closed?

[​IMG][​IMG]

Would appreciate some comments before I took it to the tailors about those sleeves.

8. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

This morning, grabbed a black vest from my closet and wore it out with black pants, black jacket, lavender shirt and tie. However, once I went out into daylight, realized the vest was navy!

Could the navy vest still work with the black pants and jacket if there are small navy flowers in the tie I'm wearing?

no. sorry, man.

9. onix

onix Senior member

So I thought I'd get a suit made up on a recent trip to Hong Kong late last year. I walked into the store, armed with most of the basics this forum dishes out to newbies. I opened my mouth to speak to the guy, and...the next thing I knew, I was back in my hotel room with a suit bag hanging in the closet. Supposedly, ten days had passed. And, supposedly, a couple of fittings as well.

How did I do? Besides the jacket sleeves, I can't help but shake the feeling it's a little too boxy. Maybe something about the quarters being too closed?

[​IMG][​IMG]

Would appreciate some comments before I took it to the tailors about those sleeves.

Quarters too closed. Buttoning point is a bit high. Boxiness or not is really subjective, on average it's fine. There is a slight break under the elbow of the left arm, is it always there?

10. milkisgood

milkisgood New Member

What is a good shirt color for a dark grey pinstripe suit?
    This will be worn as business professional for interviews or similar events.

11. flyguy7

flyguy7 Senior member

Mostly an SW&D guy, but I'm trying to get some nicer stuff for work, though $ is an issue. Found these on yoox and they generally don't look too offensive. Any thoughts on Ciro Lendini or experience with the brand? is this thing gonna fall apart on me or does it actually look terrible in person?
    http://www1.yoox.com/item.asp?tskay=...=sr_shoesmen80
    [​IMG]

12. madstaxbro

madstaxbro Senior member

Can't imagine I'll get much help but can anybody ID this guy? I see him in menswear catalogs and ads all the time. [​IMG]

13. drmmr

drmmr Senior member

What's the general opinion on Alfred Sargent footwear, namely the Country range?

14. corona951

corona951 Member

I'm a pretty fashion forward guy but I bought this navy blue Burberry trench and nothing I try seems to go! The trench itself is short length and really dark navy, I want to wear it kinda business casual like with some slacks and button up....etc.... Could even go with a suit. Could you give me some slack/shirt/cardigan combos as well as suit/shirt combos?

BTW I'm not a skinny guy but I'm not enormous either : 6'1, 190 lbs, shirt size: L

Thanks guys in advance .

15. illych

illych New Member

Hi there, does anyone know what kind of jacket this guy is wearing? Does anyone recognise a designer? Thanks.