Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Bartlebooth

Bartlebooth Senior member

Any threads with last-ditch tips for removing (coffee) stains from pants? Will the soak-this-in-oxiclean-til-judgement-day trick work on coffee stains?

And if not... Turning slim-fitting dress khakis into shorts: doable or no?

2. matstyleku

matstyleku Senior member

Any threads with last-ditch tips for removing (coffee) stains from pants? Will the soak-this-in-oxiclean-til-judgement-day trick work on coffee stains? And if not... Turning slim-fitting dress khakis into shorts: doable or no?
    Are the pants washable? If so, I would definitely give Vman's method a try. If not you can just take a oxyclean to it with a really soft toothbrush and gentle scrubbing. Also, they have little bottles at the supermarket for specific stains. http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=4084 As for the slim fitting Khakis -> shorts. Just one question, do you have a bike?

3. Bartlebooth

Bartlebooth Senior member

Are the pants washable? If so, I would definitely give Vman's method a try. If not you can just take a oxyclean to it with a really soft toothbrush and gentle scrubbing. Also, they have little bottles at the supermarket for specific stains.

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=4084

As for the slim fitting Khakis -> shorts. Just one question, do you have a bike?

Thanks. I'd seen that thread, but it seemed to be mostly about removing collar and pit stains. The pants are washable, though, so I suppose it wouldn't hurt to try.

And no, I don't have a bike, but I do live in San Francisco [​IMG]

4. Merovius

Merovius Active Member

Club Monaco grey pinstripe suit, blue Isaia gingham shirt, pink bowtie, polka dot socks and black chucks? I think itll be fun...

5. Makoto Chan

Makoto Chan Senior member

For those that wear dress shirts everyday is 19 dress shirts too many? I need room in my closet.

Someone already said no, but I'm saying you don't need that many. If you have enough shirts that you can go 2 weeks without doing the laundry, you have enough.

6. Makoto Chan

Obviously there's nothing wrong with having lots of shirts, but if you need closet space then I think getting rid of some of them is pretty appropriate.

7. Makoto Chan

I just spent 100 dollars on a pair of burgundy Bass loafers. It's my first pair of burgundy shoes. I already have black and brown belts to match my (nicer) black and brown shoes. Should I buy a burgundy belt now?

8. yesssir

yesssir Senior member

Can dirty bucks and saddle shoes be worn year round or are they seasonal?

9. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

I just spent 100 dollars on a pair of burgundy Bass loafers. It's my first pair of burgundy shoes. I already have black and brown belts to match my (nicer) black and brown shoes. Should I buy a burgundy belt now?

Ideally, yes a burgundy belt, however depending on the shade of burgundy most people can get away with a brown, or black belt if the color is close. If the burgundy is more red, then I think you have to get the burgundy belt.

10. boston_bred

boston_bred Well-Known Member

quick question: What are the most common/popular/affordable shoe trees? I'm looking to get a new, decent enough pair (cedar) but am not particicularly looking to pay out the ass for them.

11. zcaad9

zcaad9 Member

as a 21 year old, I have had a hard time upgrading my wardrobe with more professional dress.

Where is a good place to start looking for 33x36 dress pants (multiple colors), and a 38L slim navy suit.....on the cheap

12. yesssir

yesssir Senior member

quick question: What are the most common/popular/affordable shoe trees? I'm looking to get a new, decent enough pair (cedar) but am not particicularly looking to pay out the ass for them.

I get my shoe trees from Jos A Banks. They are always on sale for less than $15.

13. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

Nordstrom Rack has good quality shoe trees for $12.99 a pair.

14. fungz0r

fungz0r Senior member

Good pair of versatile dress shoes for a 20 year old starting a more professional wardrobe?

15. pstoller

pstoller Senior member

Can dirty bucks and saddle shoes be worn year round or are they seasonal?

There are certainly people who consider them to be seasonal. I think it depends partly on where you live and partly on how beholden you are to such traditions. I live in Los Angeles, and I dress for the weather rather than the season: if it's 70+ degrees out, I'll wear white bucks even if it's February.