Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Patek

Patek Senior member

^
    Sorry, but that shirt is way too tight on you. The shoulders are a little too small and the arms and chest are too tight. You need to find a shirt that fits you correctly.

2. hobscrk777

hobscrk777 Senior member

Anyone know of a place to get suede wingtips with a red brick sole? Alden made a model for Blackbird awhile ago, but they've got very limited sizing at this point. I think Tricker's made something like this a about a year ago, but I can't find anything quite like this now. [​IMG]

3. rebel222

rebel222 Senior member

Anyone know of a place to get suede wingtips with a red brick sole? Alden made a model for Blackbird awhile ago, but they've got very limited sizing at this point. I think Tricker's made something like this a about a year ago, but I can't find anything quite like this now.

Link1

Link2

Link3

4. ambien walrus

ambien walrus Member

My jacket was recently stolen, so I'm in the market. Are toggle coats OK to wear in an office-setting? Was thinking of grabbing the Schott NYC one.

5. HEPennypacker

HEPennypacker Senior member

^
    Sorry, but that shirt is way too tight on you. The shoulders are a little too small and the arms and chest are too tight. You need to find a shirt that fits you correctly.

Why do you say this? I don't see any pulling. I think the shirt looks fine, especially compared to what one normally finds.

6. dropout5

dropout5 Senior member

7. Blamm

Blamm Well-Known Member

My jacket was recently stolen, so I'm in the market. Are toggle coats OK to wear in an office-setting? Was thinking of grabbing the Schott NYC one.

Depends on the office / kind of work you do. For all but the most formal of professions - I'd say yes. What kind of work do you do?

8. Ag229487

Ag229487 Senior member

Can anyone suggest a nice blazer that looks similar to this?

Charcoal or medium grey, tweed, wool or cashmere or blend. 2 button with mid-width lapels -

Need a 40R also-

[​IMG]

9. dasai

dasai Senior member

Can someone recommend a houndstooth micro-check shirt in blue and white? I have one from Uniqlo from some years back, but it's wearing out and they don't seem to make it anymore. (And I'm no longer impressed by their quality.)

Alternatively, I'd go for a gingham shirt, like this one but with button cuffs. But I'd prefer the houndstooth.

10. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

Anyone know any good alternative to Quoddy. I like the Maliseet oxford in black but I can't justify spending $250 on a casual style shoe. I have the LL Bean Bluchers which are great but the don't come in black.

11. Ianiceman

Ianiceman Senior member

Can someone recommend a houndstooth micro-check shirt in blue and white? I have one from Uniqlo from some years back, but it's wearing out and they don't seem to make it anymore. (And I'm no longer impressed by their quality.)

Alternatively, I'd go for a gingham shirt, like this one but with button cuffs. But I'd prefer the houndstooth.

That site has blue gingham with button cuffs in case you didn't see it.

12. dasai

dasai Senior member

I did, but it's in a twill fabric and I thought broadcloth or similar might be more versatile for dual suit/casual wear. Or is the twill fine either way?

13. BlueHorseShoe

BlueHorseShoe Senior member

Can anyone suggest a nice blazer that looks similar to this?

Charcoal or medium grey, tweed, wool or cashmere or blend. 2 button with mid-width lapels -

Need a 40R also-

[​IMG]

I have something exactly like that from BB except it's in camelhair. I'm not sure if they still make it but might be worth a check.

14. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

I did, but it's in a twill fabric and I thought broadcloth or similar might be more versatile for dual suit/casual wear. Or is the twill fine either way?

I think it's fine either way. I wear mine with jeans, jackets and suits.

15. Surreal

Surreal Senior member

What is the least creasing shirt material? Polyester, silk? Twilled cotton? I'm looking to order more mtm shirts, but I don't want them to be raunchy.