1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. onix

onix Senior member

Should I expect the following problem to resolve itself:

Allen Edmonds #5 last is the slightest bit tight, width-wise, on both of my pinky toes; a slight enough pinch that I would guess a jump from D to E would be to much. Will the leather stretch out as I wear the shoes?

They will stretch out, though it takes time. To have an immediate result, you can always bring them to any cobbler to have them stretched (width-wise, or in any way you want) for under $10.

2. Kenneth Cole Haan

Kenneth Cole Haan Senior member

I found some second hand shoes on the internet but am not sure if it is shell or not, it's in the burgundy color.

Did Allen Edmonds have a Shell #8 with brogue/blucher/captoe? They don't seem to now, but I thought maybe they did in the past.

3. pitboss12

pitboss12 Senior member

Are Brooks Brothers 346 (outlet line) dress shirts available in slim fit and extra-slim fit?

4. kellgy

kellgy Senior member

Should I expect the following problem to resolve itself:

Allen Edmonds #5 last is the slightest bit tight, width-wise, on both of my pinky toes; a slight enough pinch that I would guess a jump from D to E would be to much. Will the leather stretch out as I wear the shoes?

My new AEs are doing the same thing. I am letting my feet shape them and it is working quite well. The tightness has eased up only after a week or so of wear. They are #2 lasts.

5. pvrhye

pvrhye Senior member

6. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

Does AE offer same recraft services on seconds?

7. viator

viator Senior member

Does AE offer same recraft services on seconds?
    Yep. They are recrafting a pair for me right now.

8. viator

viator Senior member

Has anyone made their own tie?
    Tiecrafters can do this for you.

9. onix

onix Senior member

I found some second hand shoes on the internet but am not sure if it is shell or not, it's in the burgundy color.

Did Allen Edmonds have a Shell #8 with brogue/blucher/captoe? They don't seem to now, but I thought maybe they did in the past.

Can't tell without picture. You can post a picture of the crease.

10. Johdus Fanfoozal

Johdus Fanfoozal Senior member

Any tips on how to get the smell of sunscreen off clothes?

I have a few casual shirts that smell of Coppertone from a recent Carribean trip. I've laundered them with regular detergent, but it didn't do much.

11. lovelux2010

lovelux2010 Senior member

can anyone tell me what is the most elegant type of cuff to have with spread collar shirts. i think french cuffs appropriate, but would button cuffs look good?

thanks.>!

12. stant62

stant62 Senior member

French cuffs are most elegant but I think the mitered button cuff is handsome as well (I prefer button cuffs)

can anyone tell me what is the most elegant type of cuff to have with spread collar shirts. i think french cuffs appropriate, but would button cuffs look good?

thanks.>!

13. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

For a professional job interview (associate attorney position), all other things being equal, would you wear a pinstriped or solid suit?

14. TRA8324

TRA8324 Senior member

I bought a "british khaki" linen suit. I'm trying to decide what to wear with it...

I'm thinking medium/light blue gingham shirt, navy knit tie, and white bucks. Would this look good?

15. lovelux2010

French cuffs are most elegant but I think the mitered button cuff is handsome as well (I prefer button cuffs)

thanks. do you think a buttoned cuff should be mitered fro spread collar, or could single button cuffs work?

16. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

thanks. do you think a buttoned cuff should be mitered fro spread collar, or could single button cuffs work?

Single buttons are fine. (What is mitered, btw?)

17. lovelux2010

Single buttons are fine. (What is mitered, btw?)

ok cool
    i had not heard the term mitered, but if you search "mitered cuff" it does come up with results

18. officeboy

officeboy Senior member

What makes a collar fold and fall down just over the button.
    [​IMG]
    You can see this shirt is almost doing it, but i have some older shirts that are horrible for this.
    I need to keep a tie knot very tight and the tie up high to keep the collar from dropping.

Anyway to fix or know what causes it?

19. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

ok cool
    i had not heard the term mitered, but if you search "mitered cuff" it does come up with results

Ah, I see. I prefer rounded cuffs.

20. officeboy

officeboy Senior member

ok cool

Since I was right there...
    [​IMG]