Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. bob_loblaw

bob_loblaw Active Member

I bought an item off ebay titled "RALPH LAUREN POLO MENS BLAZER COAT CASHMERE WOOL" which turned out to be "Ralph" by RL, which could be seen in the pictures, but by then I had it in my head that it was "Polo" by RL. I returned it for a refund, but I feel that I should be reimbursed for shipping since the item was misrepresented in the title. Any opinions on this? It's been relisted without changes:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=110632190682

2. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke Senior member

I bought an item off ebay titled "RALPH LAUREN POLO MENS BLAZER COAT CASHMERE WOOL" which turned out to be "Ralph" by RL, which could be seen in the pictures, but by then I had it in my head that it was "Polo" by RL. I returned it for a refund, but I feel that I should be reimbursed for shipping since the item was misrepresented in the title. Any opinions on this? It's been relisted without changes:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=110632190682

Not a chance. 7 of the 9 pictures show the label. You should have seen what it was. The title was a bit of a keyword spam, but overall, it looks like the jacket is fairly represented.

3. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

I'm a US 9E in Allen Edmonds Park Ave. Can you tell me what I would be on the Alden Barrie last?

4. onix

onix Senior member

5. saxamaphone

saxamaphone Active Member

Crossposting from S&D - was told I might have better luck over here. I'm a noob needing to scoop some braces/suspenders. At least one "work" pair for wearing with denim and one for office wear with suits, etc. Any advice on brands, materials, etc is appreciated. Should I match them with suit/tie the way one might do with shoes? Or is it like matching a pocket square?

Thanks guys.

6. barrym97

barrym97 New Member

What is wrong with this custom made shirt (from Thiland)? How do I tell the tailor to fix it?

I think it fits great as long as i don't move, but I feel like I am going to rip the seams if I cross my arms, raise my arms or gesticulate too wildly.

I can't even figure out what to tell the tailor to change. Is this just the way custom shirts are? Perfect fit, but don't move!

pictures: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...2&l=8f428c2945

I got an email from a tailor (he says) today. He says that the fit is correct.

It sure doesn't feel correct. Are custom made shirts supposed to be tight and constrictive?

Can anyone help? What do I need to ask for?

I am so dumb about shirts, I don't even know what to ask.

HELP ME before I go back to ordering from Land's End!

THANK YOU!!

7. dragon8

dragon8 Senior member

How do you remove salt stains from shoes? I'm getting conflicting advice when I try and google it.. Does anyone know of an effective measure?

why don't you just take the shoes to be shined?

8. dragon8

dragon8 Senior member

I'm a US 9E in Allen Edmonds Park Ave. Can you tell me what I would be on the Alden Barrie last?

Best to try it on if possible. Sizes vary from one maker to the next.

9. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke Senior member

why don't you just take the shoes to be shined?

? Polishing over salt stains isn't going to help at all.

10. dragon8

dragon8 Senior member

I got an email from a tailor (he says) today. He says that the fit is correct.

It sure doesn't feel correct. Are custom made shirts supposed to be tight and constrictive?

Can anyone help? What do I need to ask for?

I am so dumb about shirts, I don't even know what to ask.

HELP ME before I go back to ordering from Land's End!

THANK YOU!!

It looks way too restrictive. Did you want it to be very fitted? Did you get fittings?

11. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

Crossposting from S&D - was told I might have better luck over here. I'm a noob needing to scoop some braces/suspenders. At least one "work" pair for wearing with denim and one for office wear with suits, etc. Any advice on brands, materials, etc is appreciated. Should I match them with suit/tie the way one might do with shoes? Or is it like matching a pocket square?

Thanks guys.

Wearing suspenders/braces with denim is ridiculous. I can't imagine it looking good. The biggest problem is going to be you'll have to get clip-on suspenders, which is the mark of the insert vaguely offensive epithet for rural American white person here.

Braces on suits are a different matter. No need to match them with anything, because unlike Larry King no one will ever see your braces. You'll keep them concealed underneath your suit coat at all times because you're at work and don't take your coat off in public. Expensive material can be silk, but there's nothing wrong with starting with a simple pair in nylon. These Brooks Brothers are nice, but you can get used Trafalgar braces on ebay fairly cheaply. Look for leather tabs.

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...lt_color=Black

Just make sure your pants have the buttons for attachment, or pay to have your tailor install them. Never, never, never, never, never wear clip on suspenders. It cannot possibly look good and people will laugh at you and you won't ever get a woman to be interested in you as anything more than a reject from Revenge of the Nerds.

12. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Braces on suits are a different matter. No need to match them with anything, because unlike Larry King no one will ever see your braces. You'll keep them concealed underneath your suit coat at all times because you're at work and don't take your coat off in public.

I don't see a problem with exposing the braces. In fact, LK aside, I think it can look quite good. Besides, I do take my suit coat off in the office.

13. Nicola

Nicola Senior member

14. Mr Herbert

Mr Herbert Senior member

few (potentially stupid questions) regarding an online purchase of some Brooks Brothers trousers

When ordering Flannel trou it asks for the inseam, would this be the same as the length specified when ordering chinos (i.e. 34 32, is the 32 the inseam?)

How are their Donnegal trousers woven in Italy? I thought Donnegal came from ireland?

How does the regent fit compare to the Milano fit?

15. TylerDurden

TylerDurden Senior member

I am watching Choas Theory with Ryan Renyolds and I was wondering if anyone knows what over coat he is wearing?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]