1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. XKxRome0ox

XKxRome0ox Distinguished Member

But its vintage YSL [​IMG]

a vintage YSL... with pit stains and odor...

no thanks

2. .Impulsv

.Impulsv Senior Member

I remember seeing something on here that you put all the stuff you keep in your pockets in. What is it called?

3. XKxRome0ox

I remember seeing something on here that you put all the stuff you keep in your pockets in. What is it called?

a "catch all" ?

4. XKxRome0ox

question - how do you open up pockets that are still stitched together? is there a "proper" way?

5. JesseJB

JesseJB Distinguished Member

6. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Distinguished Member

question - how do you open up pockets that are still stitched together? is there a "proper" way?

[​IMG]

7. Topgoon

Topgoon Active Member

Torontonian here - was at Vaughn Mills today and swung by the Boss Outlet. Found an "Boss Selection" suit, good fit, at $450 CDN.

My questions

I did the pinch test and it felt like it was fused (2 layers). I'm quite a newbie to this so I might have done it wrong. Ran over Holt's LC tested on a Brioni suit and it definitely felt different. I thought the Selection line was at least half canvassed? Anyone know if any Boss Selection suits come fused?

Given that I'm in Toronto - most threads I've seen on this forum had said that Toronto has inflated suit prices, is $450 for a Boss "Selection" a good deal?

Thanks!

8. deadly7

deadly7 Distinguished Member

Torontonian here - was at Vaughn Mills today and swung by the Boss Outlet. Found an "Boss Selection" suit, good fit, at $450 CDN.

My questions

I did the pinch test and it felt like it was fused (2 layers). I'm quite a newbie to this so I might have done it wrong. Ran over Holt's LC tested on a Brioni suit and it definitely felt different. I thought the Selection line was at least half canvassed? Anyone know if any Boss Selection suits come fused?

Given that I'm in Toronto - most threads I've seen on this forum had said that Toronto has inflated suit prices, is $450 for a Boss "Selection" a good deal?

Thanks!

AFAIK Boss doesn't sell anything not fused. I am definitely not an expert though.

For 450CDN you can probably find better. Do you have the equivalent of a Nordstrom's Rack, Saks Off Fifth Avenue, or Neiman Marcus Last Call? You may pay just a little more but you'll get much higher construction and less fashion forwardness.

9. Bartlebooth

Bartlebooth Senior Member

So if I'm putting time and effort into caring for my new shoes, should I put a bit of effort into caring for the matching belts?

I know it gets less wear, not being on my feet and all, but it's leather, too. Maybe a little conditioner every few months? Does anybody apply shoe care principles to other leather products? A quick search brought up some posts about caring for jackets and wallets, but I saw no mention of belts.

10. wqvong

wqvong Senior Member

Anyone heard of HUBERROSS fabrics? Are they good quality?

Thanks,

11. Peacoat

Peacoat Senior Member

So if I'm putting time and effort into caring for my new shoes, should I put a bit of effort into caring for the matching belts?

I know it gets less wear, not being on my feet and all, but it's leather, too. Maybe a little conditioner every few months? Does anybody apply shoe care principles to other leather products? A quick search brought up some posts about caring for jackets and wallets, but I saw no mention of belts.

A little conditioner every now and then will do the trick. The best available in this country is Pecard Leather Dressing. It isn't cheap, but it is the best.

http://pecard.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?S...y_Code=classic

12. Rugger

Rugger Senior Member

my blqas34 smells like sambuca, dry clean?

13. Vecna

Vecna Senior Member

How do you make sure an OCBD collar roll keeps its shape? What are the preferred washing and storing procedures? Does one never iron the collar?

Unfortunately I can't afford mannequins or bespoke hangars at the moment. I browsed the collar roll thread but it seems to be mostly exposition and nothing concerning maintenance. Advice is appreciated.

14. --Jonas--

--Jonas-- Senior Member

AFAIK Boss doesn't sell anything not fused. I am definitely not an expert though.

I'm pretty sure some selection suits are canvassed, and some of them are pretty nice (there was one on B&S shortly)

15. MikeSalvino

MikeSalvino Member

Looking for this tie.
    It's a grey wool Prince of Wales check. I thought it would be easy to find but I can't seem to find one to buy. Any suggestions?

Thank you.
    [​IMG]