Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. chasingred

chasingred Senior member

[​IMG]

I'm kind of considering this. Problem is that it's $125. Should I or shouldn't I buy at that price?

Material is flannel-ish.

2. XKxRome0ox

XKxRome0ox Senior member

other than allen edmonds, what is another "entry level" nice shoes?
    i checked out some AE's today and they looked too clunky
    i think i'd like some sort of plain captoe lace ups ... hopefully well under $300 ... under $200 would be even better of course

3. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

[​IMG]

I'm kind of considering this. Problem is that it's $125. Should I or shouldn't I buy at that price?

Material is flannel-ish.

Hmmm. For a scarf, at $125, it's got to be love - and I mean, swoon-worthy troo love - to get the pocketbook cracked open. Sounds like you're just not that into it.

4. --Jonas--

--Jonas-- Senior member

If it's LP baby cashmere...

5. Rankiz

Rankiz Senior member

In Norway we have Ralph Lauren with custom fit and slim fit. I want the slimmest one, what is this compared to when ordering from Ralph Lauren online?

So anyone know this? What's the slimmet RL called in the US store?

6. dah328

dah328 Senior member

other than allen edmonds, what is another "entry level" nice shoes?
    i checked out some AE's today and they looked too clunky
    i think i'd like some sort of plain captoe lace ups ... hopefully well under $300 ... under $200 would be even better of course

I cannot think of any men's dress shoe that retails for less than AE that is not a significant step down in either the quality of the leather, the quality of the construction, or both.

7. dah328

dah328 Senior member

Does anyone have any opinions (good or bad) or BB's current Chesterfield Coat? I'm looking for something not in black or navy, and this looks like a decent choice. Not sure on the ticket pocket. I'm tempted to get it with the sale coming up (I am aware there are Black Fleece iterations on Ebay right now, but I detest paypal), but my wife thinks the tan Chesterfield looks horrible.

Edit - picture of said Chesterfield coat...

http://s7d4.scene7.com/is/image/Broo...ProductImages$

That looks more like a covert coat than a Chesterfield.

8. svd

svd Senior member

Anyone familiar with H&M Modern Classic aka Black Label suits? I recently purchased a navy H&M black label suit off ebay, however I have a feeling that it might be fake. The labels in the jacket look suspect and the fit is anything but slim compared to my non-black label H&M suit.
    Attachment 56230 Attachment 56231

I really appreciate the help.
    Thanks

If one was going to bother to fake a label in a suit I suspect they'd aim a little higher than H&M. More likely this suit is a year or two old. The low-budget retail brands producing better fitting clothing is a rather recent change.

9. ebmk3891

ebmk3891 Senior member

Is there an admin that I can PM (or PM me)? I'd like to change my email on this account to an account that got banned (I posted in the FS on eBay's Fashion watch deal - I didn't know it would get me banned and there was no warning). I follow the rules now and would like to receive notifications to my regular account as opposed to a secondary.

10. dah328

dah328 Senior member

Is there an admin that I can PM (or PM me)? I'd like to change my email on this account to an account that got banned (I posted in the FS on eBay's Fashion watch deal - I didn't know it would get me banned and there was no warning). I follow the rules now and would like to receive notifications to my regular account as opposed to a secondary.
    "LA Guy" or "j" are probably the mods that handle that kind of stuff.

11. chasingred

chasingred Senior member

So anyone know this? What's the slimmet RL called in the US store?

Black Label tends to have the slimmest fits. But it also really depends on what item you're talking about. Many Polo Ralph Lauren items fit perfectly well on slim guys as well. It just depends on the item and your body type.

12. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

13. sqweegle

sqweegle Well-Known Member

Im thinking about ordering this: http://www.yoox.com/item/YOOX/CORNEL...L/sts/sr_men80. Judging by the label on the sleeve, it should be Corneliani mainline. Would that automatically mean it's fully canvassed? Also, how high are the armholes on them? From past experience, I need really, really high ones.

14. FlamingModerate

FlamingModerate Member

During the Brooks Brothers pre-Christmas sale I picked up a pair of the Lambskin Gloves in the wine color. See them here.

However, I realized my outfit is composed mostly of blue, green, browns, and tans. I am concerned these gloves don't complement these colors that well. What do you guys think? Should I attempt to pick up a pair in Brown instead?

15. iroh

iroh Senior member

Is Alden pronounced Al-den or Ald-den?