Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. enigma7

enigma7 Active Member

Anyone familiar with H&M Modern Classic aka Black Label suits? I recently purchased a navy H&M black label suit off ebay, however I have a feeling that it might be fake. The labels in the jacket look suspect and the fit is anything but slim compared to my non-black label H&M suit.
    Attachment 56230 Attachment 56231

I really appreciate the help.
    Thanks
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. gooden0

gooden0 Member

I'm moving to the northeast for college next year, and, being from Kansas, I am pretty clueless. What would be a good jacket I could wear with everything in the winter? I'd be willing to invest, so anything under $300 or so. Thanks!

3. FELT

FELT Senior member

Quick question about italian sizing. Specifically jackets, even more specifically Boglioli and possibly Lubiam. I normally wear size 46/48 ("average" sizing).What are the chances that an italian size 50 will fit me? I'm mainly concerned about the shoulders.

Just tried on a couple of Lubiam jackets. Very slim - I often take a Euro 48, but a 50 was certainly a better fit.

4. dah328

dah328 Senior member

I'm moving to the northeast for college next year, and, being from Kansas, I am pretty clueless. What would be a good jacket I could wear with everything in the winter? I'd be willing to invest, so anything under $300 or so. Thanks!
    The answer to that question is nothing. No one coat will work with "everything." You probably won't spend much time on the more formal end of the spectrum, though, so some coats that are versatile in the casual to business casual range are heavier peacoats and duffle coats.

5. icalledinsicktoo

icalledinsicktoo Member

What's the best suit I can get, regardless of brand name for or under 200? I am size is 36-37. Any ebay sellers? Amazon sellers? Out side the country is fine... I need a slim fitting suit. Thanks

*2 button please

6. Avocat

Avocat Senior member

The answer to that question is nothing. No one coat will work with "everything." You probably won't spend much time on the more formal end of the spectrum, though, so some coats that are versatile in the casual to business casual range are heavier peacoats and duffle coats.
    +1. Peacoats and wool car coats are versatile, and can be worn pretty much anywhere (black or charcoal). Dress up/down with scarves, etc., with a suit or blue jeans. Depending on where in the NE he's going--Mass, VT and upstate NY can all get pretty cold with lots of snow (but that's ok, dress warm and you'll love it, Gooden!). For that ruggedly handsome look, might also consider a nice sheepskin car coat length in brown (timeless, yet stylishly warm, and many can be had for under $300 used on e-bay). For something a little more sporty, consider Canada Goose (duffles, parkas and downs). Bomber jackets are very cool (casual), never going out of style, but not very business like. There's a ton of great items out there, and many sales on right now. One such place you might want to e-browse is LL Bean, Gooden, but there are of course many, many others. Good luck in your studies!

7. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

Found a $1500 Canali moleskin suit marked down to $1000... but there were wool Oxxford suits for $900. What's the deal with that? Very odd pricing. Think a manager would lower the price?

8. Made in California

Made in California Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What brand is this suitcase?

9. Archivist

Archivist Senior member

What brand is this suitcase?

Rimowa

10. pkiula

pkiula Senior member

11. pkiula

pkiula Senior member

[​IMG]
    can i mismatch trousers with this jacket? if so, what color?
    and... could i ever wear this suit jacket with jeans? or is it too "suit" looking to do that?

The lighting on this pic is a bit off, but a khaki trouser in light beige would go well? I'd even experiment with a well fitted light grey. (I'm presuming this is a black-ish suit)

Great suit btw. Which one is it?

12. Made in California

Made in California Senior member

Rimova Attache:

http://www.rimowa.de/main#product/909.08

Rimowa

Thank you, I wanted to guess Zero Halliburton. Link does not work.

13. XKxRome0ox

XKxRome0ox Senior member

The lighting on this pic is a bit off, but a khaki trouser in light beige would go well? I'd even experiment with a well fitted light grey. (I'm presuming this is a black-ish suit)

Great suit btw. Which one is it?

It's actually a very navy blue
    I have never mixed and matched a suit jacket before
    And the suit is a hugo boss red label slim

14. MikeSalvino

MikeSalvino Member

Question:
    Where should the shoulder seam of a shirt fall?
    Right at the joint of shoulder / arm or slightly below on to the top of the arm?

Tks.

15. Archivist

Archivist Senior member

Question:
    Where should the shoulder seam of a shirt fall?
    Right at the joint of shoulder / arm or slightly below on to the top of the arm?

Tks.

Ideally, right at the joint.