1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. k4lnamja

k4lnamja Senior member

Help me find this shirt please.

So, I was outbid 2x in the last seconds of an ebay auction. Actually, the price went $40 higher than my bid so it is what it is.

I'd like to find a shirt similar to this. Please help? Thank you

Cheers

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

2. acekerman

acekerman Member

3. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

I've had lots of success with mytailor.com. Good stiff collar, holds up well. Fabric - hard to say since they have so many options - can't really compare. Can't go wrong with Thomas Mason though.

Thanks wetnose. I didn't know they had fabrics from Thomas Mason. I will check them out.

4. tesuquegolfer

tesuquegolfer Senior member

Why do my attachments come in small size? How do I post a bigger picture? Is it because I am a "junior member" with few posts?
    [​IMG]

5. Agriff

Agriff New Member

Ok, so I'm generally not someone who enjoys to spend a ton of time or money on fashion, but I do love to spruce up my wardrobe with some H&M every once in a while. Yesterday I went shopping and two of the things I picked up were a plaid patterned shirt- a mix of light greens, white, and red; and a pair of watermelon pants. Not thinking too heavily and eager to throw on some color, I combined the two. Sure it's a loud statement, but the pants matched perfect with the colors on the shirt, even if the pants did reinforce the watermelon vibe that the shirt already going for it.

My girlfriend saw the outfit later in the day and her reaction was to ask me if I had gone outside yet. According to her, waaay too much going on, and the garish colors make me look like a golfer. Of course I stubbornly defended myself, but inside I felt ashamed and could easily see her point.

Was this a huge fashion mishap as I'm starting to think it was, or do I have allies here on SF that can give me permission to let my quasi-obnoxious hipster flag fly??

Pictures please

Here you go
    [​IMG]

6. svd

svd Senior member

Here you go

I'm with the GF here.

7. GBR

GBR Senior member

I really do not understand why you think FIVE photographs are needed to illustrate the thing - all virtually the same as well. It is however a common style made the world over and nothing at all special. Look in any decent shop that sells leather fr many and you will see it.

8. GBR

GBR Senior member

But not that jacket. The details are important.

It has no unique detailing.

9. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

Why do my attachments come in small size? How do I post a bigger picture? Is it because I am a "junior member" with few posts?

above the text box is a square icon with mountains click on it paste the link in there you may need to allow pop ups

10. Dinhilion

Dinhilion Senior member

I'm with the GF here.
    The pants are too close to the shirt stripes. If they were diffeernt shadesyou might, and only might be able to pull it off.

11. IsteRed

IsteRed Senior member

Here you go

Well...i like it,but you must have self confidence to pull it off.

12. skatajkid

skatajkid New Member

Does anyone have any clue what jacket this is or any similar? Would be MUCH appreciated. Thanks!

Attachment 61133
    [​IMG]

13. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

Hi everybody,

What's a good price to pay for a mainline Zegna suit (not Z Zegna)? I assume full retail isn't worth it, but what's a good range for a NWT?

14. IsteRed

IsteRed Senior member

So in my pre-SF time i bought a black coat and now i don't know what to wear with it,i always owned 2 color of shoes brown and black,wearing black with black...well i never liked that look,I don't like black with brown too so i decided to get burgundy/bordeaux shoes,I'm looking for something like this color and design [​IMG] In grain leather,like this [​IMG] Any ideas?It can even be a boot,and not very expensive[​IMG]

15. acecow

acecow Senior member

$300-500 for me.

16. Staggerlee

Staggerlee Member

Hi,
    First post here- quick question and probably a noob question.
    Are Oxblood and Burgundy the same color?

Thanks!

17. in stitches

$300-500 for me.

id say more like 500-800 is considered a good by me, 300 is more of a steal i think

18. in stitches

Hi everybody,

What's a good price to pay for a mainline Zegna suit (not Z Zegna)? I assume full retail isn't worth it, but what's a good range for a NWT?

if you can afford it and want better selection and dont have time to bargain shop i think it is quite worth it

19. malat

malat Senior member

if you can afford it and want better selection and dont have time to bargain shop i think it is quite worth it
    Agreed. I've paid retail for new mainline Zegna in the fabric of my choosing with no regrets.

20. centsofstyle

centsofstyle Member

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone here could help me with my predicament. I went to the tailor to get my shirts tapered a bit. I asked him to taper them so they would not look as baggy. He asked me to stand up straight. He pinned the shirt down the sides and asked me if I was comfortable. Then I took the shirt off and gave it to him.

I got my shirt back and now it fits perfectly when I am standing up; however, due to my belly I am unable to sit down comfortably. The shirts buttons are straining and the placket is mostly open and almost exposing my belly. It fits really tight and is applies a lot of pressure to my stomach. My impression when I took the shirt to the tailor was that he would account for the amount needed to sit down comfortably. Was this presumption wrong? Should I have thought about this or is it my tailors responsibility?

I know that when someone makes a shirt he takes into account the amount of room needed for when sitting down. I thought that this would be the same scenario. Am I mistaken?

Thanks!