Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. BarrelMaker

BarrelMaker Senior member

what style and color shirt would pair nicely with an off white cricket sweater with green and gold stripes?

2. Ivystyle

Ivystyle Senior member

Anybody know anything about Polo Ralph Lauren Sea Island Cotton dress shirts (french cuffs) with purple regular ralph lauren label?

3. perriti

perriti New Member

I'm heading to a wedding this weekend and decided that I should use this chance to buy some nice dress shoes. I'm a new grad who just started working so I don't have too much extra cash at the moment, so I'm hoping to keep these under $300 CDN if possible.

From what I've been reading I can't go wrong with a pair of black oxford cap toes if I'm looking for something versatile, how true is that? Any brands I should keep an eye out for at my budget? Any store recommendations in Toronto?

4. Master_Jk

Master_Jk New Member

Can anyone become a male models?

5. cptjeff

cptjeff Senior member

I'm heading to a wedding this weekend and decided that I should use this chance to buy some nice dress shoes. I'm a new grad who just started working so I don't have too much extra cash at the moment, so I'm hoping to keep these under $300 CDN if possible.

From what I've been reading I can't go wrong with a pair of black oxford cap toes if I'm looking for something versatile, how true is that? Any brands I should keep an eye out for at my budget? Any store recommendations in Toronto?

Allen Edmonds might be available on your budget, but if you have to have them by the weekend, you would have to pay full retail unless you stumble on a sale, and that would probably put them out of your price range. If you can find them in your budget, that's your shoe.

And yes, a black captoe (park avenue) would be the conservative, can't go wrong route. But IMO, they're yawn inducing. A (black) punchcap (fifth avenue) adds some interest, and is still perfectly appropriate for any situation you would ever find yourself in, apart from Black tie, where you would want patent leather or highly polished black captoes only.

If Allen Edmonds is out of range, Florsheim or Johnson and Murphy would be pretty good bets.

6. mco543

mco543 Senior member

Is a 2/1 double breasted shawl collar DJ dated? It looks similar to the jacket below, but with a slightly different lapel. [​IMG]

7. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

Are coats (over/top) suppose to be slightly longer in sleeve than Jacket sleeves? That way when you actually bend your arm it doesn't expose inches of your forearm to the cold weather?

Yes, and you don't want a cold draught between the coat sleeves and your gloves, iykwim.

8. thecentennial

thecentennial Senior member

What is the small loop on my mabitex wool trousers for? Just to the left of the top trouser button, maybe 5mm in width? Some sort of chain loop/keyring?

9. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

What is the small loop on my mabitex wool trousers for? Just to the left of the top trouser button, maybe 5mm in width? Some sort of chain loop/keyring?

You mean like this?

[​IMG]

You can put the pin of your belt buckle through it, so the belt stays in place.

10. cptjeff

cptjeff Senior member

Not enough drape.

11. Vecna

Vecna Senior member

I agree with cptjeff, I'd probably go with a more colorful silk.

12. Makoto Chan

Makoto Chan Senior member

What is Mabitex? I gather its a line of slim dress pants... but why does it seem to be so highly regarded on Styleforum? Where is it sold? I see a lot of them on the B&S forum now, but when I google Mabitex, I don't learn much (the website sure is terrible!)

13. DBails

DBails Member

Im a college kid starting my wardobe. Bank is having a one day sale on their signature gold suits (I know they arent the best) for $320. Should I jump on this and buy a couple basic colors?

14. Vecna

Vecna Senior member

How do you tell if armholes are too low? Too high? Just right?

15. binge

binge Senior member

Can anyone become a male models?

Yes, seek out the Handsome Boy Modeling School.