1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. iroh

iroh Distinguished Member

Does this make sense? Seeing how the Brooks brothers US website have 2 dress shirts for $99 and here in Canada it is 3 for $219 (I think), would it be worth it to get someone to buy 2 shirts in the US and have them shipped to Canada, even after the price of shipping you should still come out ahead right?

2. iroh

iroh Distinguished Member

Hi,
    I'm looking for some Charcoal suede shoes, pretty much like these - can anyone give me some pointers?
    Appreciate it
    [​IMG]

Why not buy these actual shoes?

3. bigbucky

bigbucky Senior Member

Why are some of the thread titles highlighted and underlined?

4. Vecna

Vecna Senior Member

Why are some of the thread titles highlighted and underlined?
    AFAIK all titles are underlined. By "highlighted" I assume you mean bolded. If something isn't bolded it means that you have viewed it since the last poster, or it's 10(?) days since the last poster commented. @Xanatos, I'm partial to the penny loafers, they look a bit less casual. If you want something a bit more casual I'd go with the bit. They're pretty damn similar, though, it's just a matter of taste and what you already have.

5. dahyno

dahyno Member

How much larger is a size small Band of Outsiders shirt compared to an XS? I feel kind of silly saying this, but I've started heavily working out these last few months and it would appear I can no longer flex without my XS shirt restricting my biceps, just to give you an idea of how snug it is around the arms. I still like the way the shirt fits and looks, but if sizing up is going to be just a SMIDGE bit larger, I think it might be worth it in the long run?

I'm pretty hopeless with this kind of stuff. Any help would be appreciated.

6. bigbucky

bigbucky Senior Member

I'm an idiot, yes bolded. Thanks Vecna.

7. aj_del

aj_del Distinguished Member

Whats the standard size of buttons on a SC ? I am thinking of buying some from here but the sets come in 3 sizes 24/30, 24/32 and 24/36.

Thanks for your help.

8. EZETHATSME

EZETHATSME Senior Member

Early birthday present for myself amd O camt decide which ones are better.
    I bought the Parigi but Wifey says they are too greasy and the Main is better..She doesnt like either.
    They fit like a dream and I love em!..help me decide which one to keep cause I bought them both

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3071211?...esultback=1022
    or
    http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2965392

I like your wife. Not a big fan of either, but like the Main better of the two.

9. --Jonas--

--Jonas-- Senior Member

Why not buy these actual shoes?

They're Grensons, but I'm guessing some older collection. I can't find em anywhere.
    Anyone know anything?

10. NOBD

NOBD Distinguished Member

Whats the standard size of buttons on a SC ? I am thinking of buying some from here but the sets come in 3 sizes 24/30, 24/32 and 24/36.

Thanks for your help.

I chose 24/32. Just measure the buttons you like of a suit or jacket you own. Measurements:

[​IMG]

(Min. order is 25 pieces.)

I ordered these some time ago:

[​IMG]

Corozo large

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Corozo small

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Horn large

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Horn small

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Grey MoP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

See also: http://www.cutterandtailor.com/forum...?showtopic=709.

11. aj_del

^^ Thanks

Edit : Am i reading it correct, is the price 0.15 euros per buttons and you have to order minimum 25 buttons of each type or is 25 buttons total of several type ?

Thanks for your help

12. NOBD

NOBD Distinguished Member

^^ Thanks

Edit : Am i reading it correct, is the price 0.15 euros per buttons and you have to order minimum 25 buttons of each type or is 25 buttons total of several type ?

Thanks for your help

You're welcome. Per type. So for a jacket or suit you have to buy 25 large ones and 25 small ones.

13. aj_del

^^ Thanks, I tinkered around on their website and figured as much. I tried to order but according to their order form they only bill to 5 european countries. I have emailed them to check if they would ship to India and the cost thereof.

Lets see

Thanks again

14. D Yizz

D Yizz Senior Member

I own a jacket that fit me a tad big on the shoulders, but right on spot on the chest. Sent it to the tailor to take in the shoulder a bit. Now the shoulders fit fine, but the chest is too tight to the point where the lapels bulge out. What happened? I measured the chest and it is still the same.

15. forex

forex Distinguished Member

Thanks for your help.

definitely get 24/32,I bought from that seller, his buttons are good.