Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. JamesX

JamesX Senior member

How many you actually condition the leather soles of your shoes when you condition the rest of it?

Doesn't it make it easier to wear out?

2. noneshallpass

noneshallpass Well-Known Member

Where can I get navy slim trousers from? My price range is $50-100

3. EZETHATSME

EZETHATSME Senior member

Where can I purchase inexpensive gold buttons to replace the buttons on my blue blazer?

Try a fabric store, they will have tons of buttons. It there is not one near you, you can easily do a quick search online and no doubt find them there.

EZ

4. tsmurfenator

tsmurfenator Active Member

Most pants (jeans, dress pants, chinos, etc.) have a very small belt loop (like around 1 cm) inside of each belt loop.

What is the purpose of it?

5. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

Thanks for the tip, I will give it a shot. If I don't like the results what is the stuff they make to color?

Example from LCA:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. fungz0r

fungz0r Senior member

I'm looking for a decent pair of dress shoes for my suit, what brands should I be looking for, and how can I check at the local stores if a pair of shoes has good quality leather?

7. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

The shoulders on one of my suits are wrinkled. Can these be pressed out? I've never worn the suit

[​IMG]

8. elgreco

elgreco Senior member

Can someone recommend a good shoe polish remover? My C&J monks are a little caked up with wax and they could stand to be stripped down and given a good overall light polishing.

9. JesseJB

JesseJB Senior member

Got a hole in the elbow of my favorite merino sweater. I want to take it to my tailor and get patches put on. Is this something people do or is this a waste of time/money?

10. JesseJB

JesseJB Senior member

Do they make something to re-color the edge of a wooden sole? The front lip of my sole got into a little spat with the sidewalk.

Take it to a shoe shine. They got it.

11. JesseJB

JesseJB Senior member

I'm looking for a decent pair of dress shoes for my suit, what brands should I be looking for, and how can I check at the local stores if a pair of shoes has good quality leather?

"Decent" would be a pair of Allen Edmonds. Good leather shoes usually have a deep, rich color and are more supple. The more "plastic" or "rubbery" they look and feel, the worse the quality.

12. binge

binge Senior member

Is it absolutely necessary to roll knit and woven ties? Will they become stretched permanently if you hang them?

I keep all my ties rolled.

How many you actually condition the leather soles of your shoes when you condition the rest of it?

I've never done it.

13. Vecna

Vecna Senior member

First post, not sure if this deserves a thread. I'm 22, 14D shoe, new to style. I do not own penny loafers and would like to buy an OK pair. My max is 150 but i'd prefer the $100-120 range. While at Macy's I saw these in black on sale for 80 dollars and bought them (fit in a 13). I would be wearing it as a standard shoe, not a driving shoe - is this ok or should I get a different shoe? Black, burgandy or brown? If I should get a different shoe, what would you advise - Sebago, Bass? I'd go for Cole Haan Pinch Air Pennies if I could find them on sale. Advice is appreciated.

14. goodlensboy

goodlensboy Senior member

Hi. Could anybody please let me know about use of boar's bristle in Edward Green shoes. Do they use that on all of their shoes or only 'Dover'? Many thanks.

15. Shigeru

Shigeru Active Member

I'd like some advice on shoesizing. I dont have too many dress-shoes so could anyone advice me what size fits me best generally in dress-shoes, I realise it differs between brands but whats best in most cases, a UK 7 or UK 8? My feet are about 26 cm. From those i tested I often find 41 a bit pinchy and 42 too big but I guess going with the smaller ones is the better option or? Will i manage to stretch them out so they fit me well? Best would be if a fellow 26 cm foot person could give me some advice.