Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. ginlimetonic

ginlimetonic Senior member

when a suit is fully canvassed, how far downs the length of the suit does the canvass go?
    this is my 4th made to order, canvass goes down to 3rd button of a 3 button suit

2. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

when a suit is fully canvassed, how far downs the length of the suit does the canvass go?
    this is my 4th made to order, canvass goes down to 3rd button of a 3 button suit

[​IMG]

http://tuttofattoamano.blogspot.com/search/label/canvas

3. matt22616

matt22616 Senior member

I know I could search, but hopefully someone in this thread would be kind enough to either tell me, or point me towards the answer. In my sig, how do I combine the link I want people to follow w/ it's title? For example, I would prefer my sig to simply read "X for sale" and that 'title' be the link itself, as opposed to it's current state.

Many thanks!

4. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

I know I could search, but hopefully someone in this thread would be kind enough to either tell me, or point me towards the answer. In my sig, how do I combine the link I want people to follow w/ it's title? For example, I would prefer my sig to simply read "X for sale" and that 'title' be the link itself, as opposed to it's current state.

Many thanks!

Check the code:

X for sale

5. Craiger

Craiger Active Member

Sorry if this isn't the right thread, I'm new here. I bought a pair of Prada stitched oxfords for $444 the other day. Are Prada's worth it for that price? Is there a better Oxford for the money? I've just started learning about shoes, most of mine have been of the disposable variety. The most high-end shoe that I own is the AE MacNeil in Cordovan.

Thanks in advance.

6. acecow

acecow Senior member

Sorry if this isn't the right thread, I'm new here. I bought a pair of Prada stitched oxfords for $444 the other day. Are Prada's worth it for that price? Is there a better Oxford for the money? I've just started learning about shoes, most of mine have been of the disposable variety. The most high-end shoe that I own is the AE MacNeil in Cordovan.

Thanks in advance.

http://www.pediwear.co.uk/

7. yesssir

yesssir Senior member

Where can I purchase inexpensive gold buttons to replace the buttons on my blue blazer?

8. baba booey

baba booey Senior member

Do they make something to re-color the edge of a wooden sole? The front lip of my sole got into a little spat with the sidewalk.

9. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

Do they make something to re-color the edge of a wooden sole? The front lip of my sole got into a little spat with the sidewalk.

(Wooden?) They do, but some polish will do the trick. (Wrap some cloth around your finger, get some polish and apply it to the edge.)

10. baba booey

baba booey Senior member

(Wooden?) They do, but some polish will do the trick. (Wrap some cloth around your finger, get some polish and apply it to the edge.)
    Thanks for the tip, I will give it a shot. If I don't like the results what is the stuff they make to color?

11. onix

onix Senior member

you need edge dressing.

12. TheDandy

TheDandy Member

When a buttonhole get a bit old we kinda see the canvas through the tread... does anybody have any other trick than using a marker?

13. TheDandy

TheDandy Member

Where can I purchase inexpensive gold buttons to replace the buttons on my blue blazer?

Just visit a tailor supply store...

14. potemkin_city_limits

potemkin_city_limits Senior member

Just visit a tailor supply store...

Haha. Just make that your signature and post blank messages on this thread.

15. TheDandy

TheDandy Member

Haha. Just make that your signature and post blank messages on this thread.

Well, I'm knew here... I guess by your answer that this is not the type of answer he is expecting?