Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. nothclif

nothclif Well-Known Member

I'm looking into getting a leather jacket(bomber/military style) on a budget ($200-$400), in black or black/brown color. Do I have many options? I've look around and the only two I've really found so far was one at Banana Republic and one on sale at FCUK, but not many that caught my eye. I live near the metro-Atlanta area if that helps if there is anything local.

Also are there any tips I should consider when looking for a leather jacket?

2. lachesis

lachesis New Member

Hiya

First tiem posting on a site like this, just wondering what people wear in terms of casual pants? I'm bored of just jeans and proper trousers don't lend themselves well to everyday use.

I quite like fabricy type of pants like cargo material but without all the pockets and stuff on, but want them to look stylish if that makes sense (NOT chinos).

Cheers for any thoughts!

3. onix

onix Senior member

Hiya

First tiem posting on a site like this, just wondering what people wear in terms of casual pants? I'm bored of just jeans and proper trousers don't lend themselves well to everyday use.

I quite like fabricy type of pants like cargo material but without all the pockets and stuff on, but want them to look stylish if that makes sense (NOT chinos).

Cheers for any thoughts!

khaki.

4. acecow

acecow Senior member

Hiya

Cheers for any thoughts!

Slim-fitting cotton pants in different colors + shirt/polo.

5. bleachboy

bleachboy Senior member

Hiya

Cheers for any thoughts!

You might PM Master-Classter, he was selling some really cool burgundy cotton pants.

6. walked2far

walked2far New Member

Does anyone know what the horizontal strip across the back of this suit jacket is? Is it to slim the jacket or for aesthetics? I can't recall seeing something like it before. Much thanks.

[​IMG]

7. max_r

max_r Senior member

so these new dress shoes I have (two days of wear) are still stiff and the crease in the top where my toes bend digs into the top of my big toe when I walk, this will go away with wear as the leather softens, correct?

is there anything I can do to speed this along a bit? I put some leather cream on them today to see if I could soften them up, i guess i'll see how that goes tomorrow.

8. bleachboy

bleachboy Senior member

Does anyone know what the horizontal strip across the back of this suit jacket is? Is it to slim the jacket or for aesthetics? I can't recall seeing something like it before. Much thanks.

[​IMG]

As far as I know, it's a throwbacky sartorial detail, and it is REALLY out of place on a gray pinstripe suit. It's more of a tweed British hunting jacket/riding coat type thing.

9. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Senior member

As far as I know, it's a throwbacky sartorial detail, and it is REALLY out of place on a gray pinstripe suit. It's more of a tweed British hunting jacket/riding coat type thing.

Yeah, belted back on pin-stripe suit = [​IMG]

10. AnnSOS

AnnSOS Active Member

Anyone know where I can get a red gingham shirt?
    About half a dozen fabric options, custom made, starting at $79 at JHilburn
    http://jhilburn.com/products.aspx

11. yesssir

yesssir Senior member

Who makes the Peal & Co., made in Italy shoes?

12. max_r

max_r Senior member

so these new dress shoes I have (two days of wear) are still stiff and the crease in the top where my toes bend digs into the top of my big toe when I walk, this will go away with wear as the leather softens, correct?

is there anything I can do to speed this along a bit? I put some leather cream on them today to see if I could soften them up, i guess i'll see how that goes tomorrow.

nevermind this question, the leather cream + wear today seems to have worked. still pinch a little bit, but they're no longer painful to walk in.

13. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

You might PM Master-Classter, he was selling some really cool burgundy cotton pants.
    lol, thanks. There aren't too many left at this point but thanks for the vouch.
    It probably was some significant historical sartorial detail at some point but I'm not quite sure what. Maybe some sort of cinch-back? The only place I've see that is on Hermes or Louis Vuitton. The suits in the movie Darjeeling Limited had them. They can look pretty cool, but I think it's more of a "fashion" feature, so I wouldn't wear something like that in a business setting. Plus with pinstripes it goes all wonky.

14. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

I got some Uniqlo oxfords today. I like the fabric + details but the fit is off. Here is the side seam. Is this something that could be opened + redone by a typical tailor (I will ask mine if she can do this tonight) [​IMG]

15. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

Does this coat look like it ends mid-thigh? (I'm 5'11) I'm looking for one that hits just above the knee. Measurements aren't available.

[​IMG]