1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Peacoat

Peacoat Senior member

So if I'm putting time and effort into caring for my new shoes, should I put a bit of effort into caring for the matching belts?

I know it gets less wear, not being on my feet and all, but it's leather, too. Maybe a little conditioner every few months? Does anybody apply shoe care principles to other leather products? A quick search brought up some posts about caring for jackets and wallets, but I saw no mention of belts.

A little conditioner every now and then will do the trick. The best available in this country is Pecard Leather Dressing. It isn't cheap, but it is the best.

http://pecard.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?S...y_Code=classic

2. Rugger

Rugger Senior member

my blqas34 smells like sambuca, dry clean?

3. Vecna

Vecna Senior member

How do you make sure an OCBD collar roll keeps its shape? What are the preferred washing and storing procedures? Does one never iron the collar?

Unfortunately I can't afford mannequins or bespoke hangars at the moment. I browsed the collar roll thread but it seems to be mostly exposition and nothing concerning maintenance. Advice is appreciated.

4. --Jonas--

--Jonas-- Senior member

AFAIK Boss doesn't sell anything not fused. I am definitely not an expert though.

I'm pretty sure some selection suits are canvassed, and some of them are pretty nice (there was one on B&S shortly)

5. MikeSalvino

MikeSalvino Member

Looking for this tie.
    It's a grey wool Prince of Wales check. I thought it would be easy to find but I can't seem to find one to buy. Any suggestions?

Thank you.
    [​IMG]

6. iroh

iroh Senior member

7. Salieri

Salieri Member

Who haves any idea how much Kiton or Brioni will charge for a made-to-measure overcoat?

8. Rankiz

Rankiz Senior member

Where can I find this Ralph Lauren sweater in cotton? Only found it in wool.
    [​IMG]

9. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

Looking for this tie.
    It's a grey wool Prince of Wales check. I thought it would be easy to find but I can't seem to find one to buy. Any suggestions?

Thank you.

While technically just glenn plaid not prince of wales: http://www.samhober.com/plaid-silk-ties/

10. Atabay

Atabay New Member

Hi to all,that is my first posr and i m new here,

My question is 1month ago i bought church's shoes sneakers from Paris.

Now i am searching on web to find more casual models
    but i cant see even the model i bought?
    Have can it be ? How can i find more models?

Thanks from Turkey

Evren

11. ParkCity

ParkCity New Member

I recently bought my first nice suit. It is a navy pinstripe and has a lot of color in it - Purple, light blue, dark blue, charcoal, even a thread of an "orangey" color. What might be the best matches for this fabric - I assume I can match these colors, but are there colors that I should absolutely avoid due to all the colors?

12. jag08b

jag08b New Member

13. Rankiz

Rankiz Senior member

Where can I find this Ralph Lauren sweater in cotton? Only found it in wool.
    [​IMG]

Anyone know where I can get this RL sweater in cotton? can't find it in cotton on RL.com.

14. XKxRome0ox

XKxRome0ox Senior member

Anyone know where I can get this RL sweater in cotton? can't find it in cotton on RL.com.

Does it even exist?

15. Rankiz

Rankiz Senior member

RL shirts comes in three different sizes (classic fit-->custom fit-->slimmest fit). I'm using slim fit shirts, since the other two (classic and custom) is to big. Also using small in Ralph Lauren sweaters. I don't understand why Ralph Lauren have marked some of their sweaters with "Custom fit". Here is two examples: Custom-Fit Long-Sleeved Tee Custom-Fit Long-Sleeved Polo A Ralph Lauren sweater like this one, in small, fits me perfectly. Would these "custom fit" sweaters fit me? or too big?

16. slimjohnson13

slimjohnson13 Member

The jacket should completely cover your backside. Aside from that, you should be able to cup your hands under the sides of the jacket; but a word of warning: do what looks best, not what the rules dictate.

Some people look better with a slightly shorter jacket, or slightly longer depending on build and height; but I've given you the general guide.

Thanks a lot!

17. jangie

jangie Member

Anybody have a recommendation for a slim or straight cut pair of full-length seersucker pants?

18. MikeSalvino

MikeSalvino Member

Very nice. Thank you patrickBOOTH......
    I've marked that one asa strong possibility.

19. Rugger

Rugger Senior member

Washing BB non-iron dress shirts - want to make sure I'm doing it right.

1) Take out collar stays, unfold collar(unbutton, too?)
    2) Cold, delicate, light detergent
    3) Tumble dry delicate 5-10 minutes
    4) Hang dry(smooth out wrinkles with hand(should I restructure collar here or once dry?)

Thanks for any tips