Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. ACDoyle

ACDoyle Senior member

Thanks for all he replies, I have worn suede in the rain and it holds up well, will check Zappos, I have owned many Bass dirty bucks over the years, they are good except for the red brick sole which does not give much traction when wet.

2. mrbig

mrbig Senior member

Hi, Does anybody have experience with 100% Cashmere suits? How do they hold up compared to a 100% Worsted Wool? Are they things that you'd only wear once or twice a month during the cold parts of the year?

3. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

It depends on the quality of the cashmere. I had a mid priced cashmere suit that fell apart at the elbows and ass in no time, but I wore it a lot more frequently than you mention. I don't think you will have an issue at only twice a month during cold times.

4. mrbig

mrbig Senior member

Zegna Couture/RLPL kinda quality. The 'tuff stuff' as we say [​IMG]

5. patrickBOOTH

6. mrbig

mrbig Senior member

Is it something I'd be able to wear Spring-Summer? And would I be able to use it maybe once a week for about 3-4 months of the year? I love the ultra-luxe feel of it but I don't want something that I can't enjoy...

7. Nicola

Nicola Senior member

Depends on your weather. Around here it can be too warm even in March some years. OTOH in Canada a person might get 10 months out of it.

I certainly don't rotate my Zegna cashmere jackets any differently then the wool ones.

8. patrickBOOTH

Yeah, it depends on the weight of the chashmere. 11oz you can wear year round, while >12oz I would say would be too warm for most.

9. game130

game130 Member

Can someone tell me some nice onlineshops for decent cloths who ship to Germany

10. dron

dron Senior member

Can someone tell me some nice onlineshops for decent cloths who ship to Germany

manufactum.de

11. AnnSOS

AnnSOS Active Member

Hi, Does anybody have experience with 100% Cashmere suits? How do they hold up compared to a 100% Worsted Wool? Are they things that you'd only wear once or twice a month during the cold parts of the year?
    By it's very nature cashmere is a very delicate fiber. I would not recommend 100% cashmere for a suit. A cashmere blend with fine wools give the hand that you are looking for and the substance to hold up to at least some wear.

12. AnnSOS

AnnSOS Active Member

Does anyone know where I can get a similar shoe for under a $100

http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-men...rrie_last.html

Looking for a rubber soled shoe, preferably brown suede, though can go for a dark scotch grain. I need a rain shoe and I like the style.

Agree with several of the members here, with a spritz of scotchguard you should be able to wear out in the "damp" but I would not subject suede shoes to a rain storm.
    Just thinking how my Dad used to wear black rubbers over his dress shoes when it rained and he commuted into NYC. Can't even remember the last time I saw a pair of those!

13. mrbig

mrbig Senior member

Thanks for the answers folks!

Got another couple questions:

1. How does a 50/50 Silk Linen blend wear? Am I going to look like a walking prune?
    2. Are Tom Ford fragrances available in Singapore? If so, where?

Thanks!

14. Montauk

Montauk Senior member

Hollywood waist?

High-waisted, no-waistband, wide-legged pleated trousers popular from the 30s through the 50s.

15. poissa

poissa Senior member

I"d like to get a handful of sweaters for business casual. Any suggestions of places to shop that will provide good quality at a reasonable price. I'm looking for quality over fashion [​IMG]