Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. JxhnG

JxhnG New Member

Hello,

I'm looking for a source of good quality 100% cotton tees that are available in a variety of colors... and hopefully won't cost a fortune.

AA shirts offer said variety of colors but their sizing is extremely inconsistent.

BDG shirts fit well but I can never find them in 100% cotton.

BR shirts also fit well and are available in 100% cotton, but their color selection is pretty limited.

Some I've heard of but haven't yet tried are AX, Jcrew, Topman and Uniqlo.

Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

2. meso

meso Senior member

Hello, I'm looking for a source of good quality 100% cotton tees that are available in a variety of colors... and hopefully won't cost a fortune. AA shirts offer said variety of colors but their sizing is extremely inconsistent. BDG shirts fit well but I can never find them in 100% cotton. BR shirts also fit well and are available in 100% cotton, but their color selection is pretty limited. Some I've heard of but haven't yet tried are AX, Jcrew, Topman and Uniqlo. Any help with this is greatly appreciated.
    I've had good luck with Calvin Klein tees. Good slim but not too tight fit for a medium build. Easy to find and try on, very cheap.

3. KayJay85

KayJay85 Senior member

How do I translate my body measurements into a suit measurements?

Eg: My chest measures 40" so what chest measurement shall I aim for?
    Similarly, if my shoulders measure 18" what shoulder measurements are appropriate?

Thanks
    KJ

4. Reptilia

Reptilia Active Member

I want to buy a vintage watch off of ebay for a cheap price. This watch will be something just to hold a spot on my arm until I can get up the money to get an investment piece. Are there any brands that you would suggest? I have my eyes on this vintage hamilton watch, but I am a watch virgin and need all the pointers I can get on brands and things of that nature. I want something with a round face and a leather band. Thanks in advance.

5. P. Bateman

P. Bateman Senior member

I've got a sport jacket that fits me great but has cheesey brass buttons. Anyone know where I can pick up real or replica "designer" buttons? I quite like the brass Zegna blazer buttons.

Thanks.

6. JeremiahJW

JeremiahJW New Member

Got a wedding at the end of the month and I am in it, I need a black suit, 2 button 36s and would like a slim fit, I jammed myself up by waiting so late and was wondering if you guys have any options. I might just rent since every suit I see is $800, I have read some threads here and searched online but I don't really see suits for $500.

Thanks.

7. frascati

frascati New Member

I saw some photgraphs from the turn of the century showing workmen's pants with a couple of inches of rise above the belt loops. Kind of hard to describe it better. Not that the belt loops were lower on the waist, but the top of the pants were a couple of inches higher, particularly at the sides. Is there a name for this type of pant style?

8. mco543

mco543 Senior member

Hollywood waist?

9. Larson McCord

Larson McCord Senior member

I want to buy a vintage watch off of ebay for a cheap price. This watch will be something just to hold a spot on my arm until I can get up the money to get an investment piece. Are there any brands that you would suggest? I have my eyes on this vintage hamilton watch, but I am a watch virgin and need all the pointers I can get on brands and things of that nature. I want something with a round face and a leather band. Thanks in advance.

I bought a Titoni Airmaster very cheap, it had a steal bracelet but I put on a leather band. It looks great and didn't cost much. You can sometimes find Titus or Sandoz or older Tissot as well. None are really high end but most I found were automatic, looked nice in an old school classic way and were dirt cheap, most of them are less than $60

10. Nicola

Nicola Senior member

How do I translate my body measurements into a suit measurements?

Eg: My chest measures 40" so what chest measurement shall I aim for?
    Similarly, if my shoulders measure 18" what shoulder measurements are appropriate?

Thanks
    KJ

Suits are based on your chest. So in theory a 40 chest means a 40 jacket. Start with that then try things on.

11. KayJay85

KayJay85 Senior member

Thanks Nicola

I understand that portion but what I am aiming to understand is that different makers have a different sized chest when labeled as a 40R

Since I am looking online it would be helpful to know how much to add onto my body measurements when looking at actual measurements online

12. Vaitek

Vaitek Senior member

Could I get feedback on the fit of this jacket? [​IMG] Thanks!

13. hamzilla

hamzilla Member

These NDC loafers are little bit narrow fitting (I can still wear it though) but I don't know if it will be okay for the me to wear these and walk outside or not. So the question is

Should I kept them or sell them (they are new)

[​IMG]

Thank you

14. FelipeV

FelipeV New Member

Hello,

I am looking for a pair of shoes that have rubber soles. The soles should also be non marking and made of polyurethane, a soft rubber. The reason I need these shoes is because I work in an environment that has hardwood floors and the client doesn't want to have us wear leather soles due to the noise that is heard from the leather hitting the hard wood floors. Furthermore, the client doesn't want to see black marks from shoes on the floor. The style that I am looking for is formal. To give you an idea of the type of shoe that I like is the City II from John Lobb. I have wide feet so I will need to have good arch support. Thank you for your suggestions.

Felipe

15. chris3

chris3 Member

Can anyone suggest a boot similar to the katahdin engineer boot that is readily available in the uk?