Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. onix

onix Senior member

what are the brand name of slacks that seem to be popular here? mitabix or something similar? I've been using the search for 15 min can't seem to nail it down.

mabitex and incotex

2. mech IFR

mech IFR Well-Known Member

mabitex and incotex

danke!

3. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

Q: I'm sure there is a simple explanation for this, but how do I order something from Uniqlo's USA site? I see no "Add to cart" or "Checkout." Also, when they get new stock? I was hoping to get a suit. http://www.uniqlo.com/us/explorer.html

4. WhateverYouLike

WhateverYouLike Senior member

Q:

I'm sure there is a simple explanation for this, but how do I order something from Uniqlo's USA site?

I see no "Add to cart" or "Checkout."

Also, when they get new stock? I was hoping to get a suit.

http://www.uniqlo.com/us/explorer.html

Phone orders only.

Why, who knows.

5. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

Thanks. That's very strange.

Do they not have any suits? People here always talk about them, but there are none on the site.

6. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

Phone orders only.

Why, who knows.

They need to fix this.

7. Ianiceman

Ianiceman Senior member

They need to fix this.

YES!

They seem to have a decent reputation for the lower budget end of the market but their website is rubbish. Very little detail about what it is you are buying and no way to buy online. I asked them a question via the 'contact us' thingy months ago and I'm still awaiting a reply. Resigned myself to kust visiting the shop whenever I next make it to NYC but they are missing out on a lot of potential business.

8. downwithianbrown

downwithianbrown Senior member

I just dropped off a BBBF 2 button suit at the tailor. IM getting working sleeve buttons put in. but there were only 4 buttons with the suit. the tailor seemed to think that it needed 4 on each sleeve. is this wrong? should ther eonly be two?

9. BubblyMasquerade

BubblyMasquerade Senior member

for a suit, how low does it have to reach you on the back?

should it cover your ass?

sorry, first time over in the MC side of things...

10. wollenscke

wollenscke Active Member

Hi,

I am looking to find some slim fit shirts that are available for monkey arms that aren't custom tailored or cost the same price. I used to look at Charles Tyrwhitt on sale and those prices were amazing for what they call "slim" but nothing comes slightly tailored/slim in my size. I'd say I'm about a 16-16.5 inch neck, closer to 16 and have about a 37'' sleeve. Anything you'd find at local stores or chain places will either have 16 34-35 or 17.5 38, and usually aren't slim. Anyone know some potential brands, stores, sites or tailors (in London, Ontario) that would be affordable. I do realize I can get custom made dress shirts from my tailor back in Ottawa for about $125 but I'm looking to save a bit of dough.
    Let me know.

cheers!

11. onix

onix Senior member

for a suit, how low does it have to reach you on the back?

should it cover your ass?

sorry, first time over in the MC side of things...

The traditional style dictates that it must cover your ass, no longer, no shorter. The current trend is a bit shorter, younger folks can pull that fine. But if you're older, go for the classic style.

12. pkiula

pkiula Senior member

Hi, I am looking to find some slim fit shirts that are available for monkey arms that aren't custom tailored or cost the same price. I used to look at Charles Tyrwhitt on sale and those prices were amazing for what they call "slim" but nothing comes slightly tailored/slim in my size. I'd say I'm about a 16-16.5 inch neck, closer to 16 and have about a 37'' sleeve. Anything you'd find at local stores or chain places will either have 16 34-35 or 17.5 38, and usually aren't slim. Anyone know some potential brands, stores, sites or tailors (in London, Ontario) that would be affordable. I do realize I can get custom made dress shirts from my tailor back in Ottawa for about $125 but I'm looking to save a bit of dough. Let me know. cheers!
    T.M. Lewin has some great slim shirts with a whole raft of collar options. They offer up to sleeve lengths of 38.. http://www.tmlewin.co.uk/ProductList...dsorSemiFitted Shirts don't need to be as expensive as you mention. Even with shipping, TM Lewin will be cheaper. And they're superb quality with great finish. Love the expression monkey-arms [​IMG]

13. onix

onix Senior member

Hi,

I am looking to find some slim fit shirts that are available for monkey arms that aren't custom tailored or cost the same price. I used to look at Charles Tyrwhitt on sale and those prices were amazing for what they call "slim" but nothing comes slightly tailored/slim in my size. I'd say I'm about a 16-16.5 inch neck, closer to 16 and have about a 37'' sleeve. Anything you'd find at local stores or chain places will either have 16 34-35 or 17.5 38, and usually aren't slim. Anyone know some potential brands, stores, sites or tailors (in London, Ontario) that would be affordable. I do realize I can get custom made dress shirts from my tailor back in Ottawa for about $125 but I'm looking to save a bit of dough.
    Let me know.

cheers!

I have the same problem, big neck, long arm, but rather slim body. I always get shirt that fit my neck and arm, then have the body taken in, costs relatively cheap. Online MTM shirts are also not expensive.

14. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

What is the extent of the not wearing white after labour day rule? Can I still wear a white dress shirt?

15. EZETHATSME

EZETHATSME Senior member

What is the extent of the not wearing white after labour day rule? Can I still wear a white dress shirt?

Yes. That rule is for white(ish) suits. White dress shirts are worn any time of the year.

EZ